Please Help me !

So i got this really bad spam virus and i don't know how to get rid of it.

basically what it does is it has a pop up window that doesn't have a tasbar slot. it's just a floating window with ads in it.

I tried every single program to get rid of it and they don't work.

Now i'm trying to use autoit to maybe find out where it's coming from.

All the info i got is that its class is TN_BROWSER

anyone know what this means?

EDIT: OMFG, I USED GETPROCESS AND WHATNOT TO SEE WHERE IT'S COMING FROM AND IT SAYS EXPLORER.EXE! I'M SO SCREWED :) anyone know how i further investigate?

Edited by SleepyXtreme

Well, just because it says explorer.exe doesn't necessarily mean it is the explorer.exe I've seen viruses that have the process name explorer.exe I suppose you could try any of the above software links.

The below statement is False.The above statement is True.a lesson I learned from Greenmachine; give a man a code and he'll solve one problem. Teach a man to code and he'll solve all his problems.P.S please don't use autoIt as a virus creator/spyware maker(keyLogger especially)Cick this and help me[center]My Scripts:[/center][center]Port Scanner[/center]

anyone know how i further investigate?

Format C: :)

Don't worry that it show's something with Explorer.exe. Normally you can repair everything with your Windows-Installation-CD.

Do you have an updated Scanner?

Edited by Lynix

SytemInternals ProcessExplorer..

At least with it you can actually close handles from threads that are running..

This way you can hopefully terminate the entry point and rectify the problem while the system is running.

What OS are you running?

If it's NT based is your user account a primary built in admin account? (not good if so)

Booted into safe mode to run your scans?

Have you compared your explorer.exe against a verified explorer.exe for path, version, crc, signature.. etc?

If your using XP have you got SFC on or off , Using System restore (hope not)?

PM me with all the info you have, and I will help you clean it. I do stuff like this all the time for folks.

I will need the log when you run hijackthis. include it as a attachment.

Also, what OS are you running? You may be able to run a System restore unless the infection has trashed the restore folder.