Trap Keystrokes to Specified Window

Hiya folks. So you know that setting in the RDP window (mstsc.exe app), where it says: "Apply Windows Key Combinations (for examplte ALT+TAB):" and then gives several options? Well I'm looking to emulate the 2nd option referred to as "On the remote Computer".

Basically, when I hit Win+R, I want it to be sent to whatever window I've told the AutoIt script should get it, and not open up the Run Dialog on my local pc. The reason I'm trying to do this is that I've found that RDP sessions started from the web do not allow for the option I referenced above. Or if they do, I can't change it because I don't run the software :) I work on a fairly large monitor, so having RDP sessions maximized really isn't an option (waste of real estate).

I don't really like the idea of capturing every keystroke and then sending it on, so that's why I'm posting... do you guys have any other thoughts on how this might be accomplished? Any ideas on how microsoft makes the magic happen?

Thank ye kindly!

well, I found that I actually can get into the source of the app that's firing the rdp's off, so this is moot as far as that goes... if anyone gets an idea though I'm still open to it. I'll post if I figure anything out as well...