Capture DOS output

Is there any way to capture the output of a DOS command without using a file? For instance, I want to capture the output of the command SET in DOS. It shows me several pieces of information that I might want to use but so far, it seems I have to output the information to a file then parse the file.

thx

Digital Chaos - Life as we know it today.I'm a Think Tank. Problem is, my tank is empty.The Quieter you are, the more you can HearWhich would you choose - Peace without Freedom or Freedom without Peace?Digital Chaos Macgyver ToolkitCompletely Dynamic MenuSQLIte controlsAD FunctionsEXCEL UDFPC / Software Inventory UDFPC / Software Inventory 2GaFrost's Admin Toolkit - My main competitor :)Virtual SystemsVMWAREMicrosoft Virtual PC 2007

Here is a quick example I modded from the helpfile.

[#include <Constants.au3>
$foo = Run(@ComSpec & " /c Set homepath", @SystemDir, @SW_HIDE, $STDERR_CHILD + $STDOUT_CHILD)

While 1
    $line = StdoutRead($foo)
    If @error Then ExitLoop
    MsgBox(0, "STDOUT read:", $line)
Wend

P.S. maybe EnvSet and EnvGet will do what you want as well. :)

Edited by P5ych0Gigabyte
HKTunes:Softpedia | GoogleCodeLyricToy:Softpedia | GoogleCodeRCTunes:Softpedia | GoogleCodeMichtaToolsProgrammer n. - An ingenious device that turns caffeine into code.

:)

SWEET!!!!! Thanks a billion! This is just what I need! This little function will have such an impact on how I make my scripts! I can already see several things I will improve now that I don't have to rely on files as much :P

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction!

Now maybe I can sleep :)

Digital Chaos - Life as we know it today.I'm a Think Tank. Problem is, my tank is empty.The Quieter you are, the more you can HearWhich would you choose - Peace without Freedom or Freedom without Peace?Digital Chaos Macgyver ToolkitCompletely Dynamic MenuSQLIte controlsAD FunctionsEXCEL UDFPC / Software Inventory UDFPC / Software Inventory 2GaFrost's Admin Toolkit - My main competitor :)Virtual SystemsVMWAREMicrosoft Virtual PC 2007