Reading MP3s

I just got a brand new video iPod :)

I recently went through my "iTunes" (Ick) and spent a few HOURS editing all of the 2300+ MP3 ID tags from this:

Song: Plain White T's - Hey There Delilah

Artist:

To this:

Song: Hey There Delilah

Artist: Plain White T's

along with getting rid of the couple hundred "Track XX" songs that i had to google to finde the artist and song name.

However, the actual file names themselves are still in need of work. I would prefer them to be all "Artist - Song.mp3" there are several with very random formats however.

So, i am thinking it should be possible to use autoit to read the ID Tags on the MP3s and just pull the artist and song names out so that I can have it rename all the files in the format i desire.

However, i am having difficulty finding a UDF to read the ID Tags.

Searching returned this as my most probable option:

http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.ph...ew_post&f=2

However, due to the recent "fileman" issue, I seem to be unable to find the UDF discussed in that thread.

I don't see any other Libraries that seem to do what i need, i was wondering if anyone here had a better idea.

Thanks,

The Happy feet penguin guy :P

[thread hijack initiated]

Wow, great idea Paulie! I used to do this sort of house cleaning maybe once every year, and while the ID3 edits could be done rapid-fire (barring the need to do some digging), filename formatting was always soooo awful! This UDF that ptrex linked is perfect for the job, thanks again :)

Edited by Leighwyn