IF ClassnameNN exists

copyright

is there a way to check if Class exists such as Edit1 within notepad? and how would i going about:

If Class = Exists Then

close that class or control right click then control click (close) on the popup menu. ?

Endif

i know that code wouldnt work but.. how would i do such a thing?

See WinGetClassList in the docs. However, the function does not return the numbers of the classes; just the names.

The code in the following post (in a select case block...) contains a way to append the class number to the classname...

http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.ph...wtopic=3523&hl=

Use Mozilla | Take a look at My Disorganized AutoIt stuff | Very very old: AutoBuilder 11 Jan 2005 prototype I need to update my sig!

Actually, you can just do something like this:

$classes = WinGetClassList()
If StringInStr($classes, "Edit", 0, 1) Then
; Do whatever
EndIf

By using StringInStr()'s 4th parameter, occurence, you can determine if a specific control exists. This could present an issue if the control you search for is a sub-string of a different type of control, but that's not too likely.

Actually, you can just do something like this:

$classes = WinGetClassList()
If StringInStr($classes, "Edit", 0, 1) Then
; Do whatever
EndIf
Hey Valik, would you care to write some GUI conversion scripts? Your text processing insights are a lot better than mine :ph34r:
Use Mozilla | Take a look at My Disorganized AutoIt stuff | Very very old: AutoBuilder 11 Jan 2005 prototype I need to update my sig!

From the manual conversions I've done so far, it shouldn't be that hard to write a converter. Most of the functions seem to have a 1:.75 conversion factor (The first parameter of GuiSetControl needs stripped when replaced with GuiCtrlCreateXXX). A couple other functions may not correspond directly, either, but shouldn't be much more than minor tweaks.

I've decide I'll just port my scripts by hand. I only have a half dozen GUI scripts, and only one of which is somewhat complicated. I know I'd spend more time in creating a converter than it would to just do a manual update.

About the example I posted, I actually used that in some test code I was using last week, so it was still somewhat fresh in my mind. Using something like that in a loop is a good way to be sure the controls you are interested in exist. .NET controls are created rather slowly; the window exists quite a long time (in computer terms) before all the controls are created, I had to have a way to wait until the specific control instances I wanted existed.

there is one problem.. when it gets the classlisti noticed.. its not showing the true and full class name for that class.. such as:

TTntEdit.UnicodeClass

TTntEdit.UnicodeClass

TTntEdit.UnicodeClass

TTntEdit.UnicodeClass

as you notice there are four that are the same. actually there is a number after that and they should look like:

TTntEdit.UnicodeClass1

TTntEdit.UnicodeClass2

TTntEdit.UnicodeClass3

TTntEdit.UnicodeClass4

.. . please suggest, explain, or help me with this problem.. *thanks ahead of time*

I think the problem is lack of comprehension. It is showing the true and full classname. The numbers are something AutoIt-specific. I digress...

• CyberSlug already stated the numbers would not be returned in this thread.
  • My method searches to be sure that a specific numbered instance of a control exists. That means if you are interested in the 3rd control of that type, fix up the code I posted to look for the 3rd instance of the string in the class list. If it exists, then manually append a 3 onto the end of the control name and you're done.