Restarting a compiled script ?!

by far i'm using a somewhat stupid mathode:

- i'm making the script create a "RestartMyAPP.bat" File with the commands to wait 5 secs and start my app again.

- then i've added it to start without waiting in the ONEXIT func

any normal way to make it ?!

If $RestartAPP = 1 Then
        $file = FileOpen(@TempDir & "\RestartMyAPP.bat", 1)
        FileWriteLine($file, "ping -n 5 127.0.0.1 >nul")
        FileWriteLine($file, @ScriptFullPath)
        FileClose($file)
        ShellExecute("RestartMyAPP.bat", "", @TempDir, "open", @SW_HIDE)
    EndIf
Edited by Armand

[u]My Au3 Scripts:[/u]____________(E)Lephant, A Share download manager (RS/MU etc)Http1.1 Console, The Ez Way!Internet Reconnection Automation Suite & A Macro Recording Tool.SK's Alarm Clock, Playing '.MP3 & .Wav' Files._________________Is GOD a mistake of the Humanity Or the Humanity is a mistake of GOD ?!

Hi,

If Not $CMDLINE[0] Then
    If UBound(ProcessList(@ScriptName)) > 2 Then Exit
ElseIf $CMDLINE[1] <> '/restart' Then
    Exit
EndIf

;...
;...
;...

While 1
    Switch GUIGetMsg()
        Case $buttonGO
            Run(@AutoItExe & ' /AutoIt3ExecuteScript "' & @ScriptFullPath & '" /restart')
            Exit
    EndSwitch
WEnd

So long,

Mega

Scripts & functions Organize Includes Let Scite organize the include files

Yahtzee The game "Yahtzee" (Kniffel, DiceLion)

LoginWrapper Secure scripts by adding a query (authentication)

_RunOnlyOnThis UDF Make sure that a script can only be executed on ... (Windows / HD / ...)

Internet-Café Server/Client Application Open CD, Start Browser, Lock remote client, etc.

MultipleFuncsWithOneHotkey Start different funcs by hitting one hotkey different times

by far i'm using a somewhat stupid mathode:

- i'm making the script create a "RestartMyAPP.bat" File with the commands to wait 5 secs and start my app again.

- then i've added it to start without waiting in the ONEXIT func

any normal way to make it ?!

It sounds like you are starting a second instance of your script in the ONEXIT function. Then the first instance exits. If you know you need to have the script running then why allow the first instance to exit? Why not just reinitialise all the conditions and variables and start it over from the top? It sounds like you need to put your code inside a never ending loop. Have I missed something?

Well...

I want my script to check for updates if there are some then it shoul'd download them and replace the running compiled script with the ones downloaded - so far so good ! but then, as the script finishes the download it seems like it's continuing with the NEW SCRIPT from the same place it stoped in the OLD SCRIPT, so maybe i do need to just send it to the start...

but how do i do that ?! (should i insert the entire script into a func and then just call it ?!)

@Xenobiologist

what does your script do man ?!

Edited by Armand

[u]My Au3 Scripts:[/u]____________(E)Lephant, A Share download manager (RS/MU etc)Http1.1 Console, The Ez Way!Internet Reconnection Automation Suite & A Macro Recording Tool.SK's Alarm Clock, Playing '.MP3 & .Wav' Files._________________Is GOD a mistake of the Humanity Or the Humanity is a mistake of GOD ?!

Maybe this will help :

If $RestartAPP = 1 Then
        $file = FileOpen(@TempDir & "\RestartMyAPP.bat", 1)
        FileWriteLine($file, "ping -n 5 127.0.0.1 >nul")
        FileWriteLine($file, @ScriptFullPath)
        FileClose($file)
        ShellExecute("RestartMyAPP.bat", "", @TempDir, "open", @SW_HIDE)
    EndIf