Trying to use search feature on website through script

#include <IE.au3>

$url = "www.newzbin.com"
$oIE = _IECreate($url, 1)
$oForm = _IEFormGetCollection($oIE, 0)
$oQuery = _IEFormElementGetObjByName($oForm, "q")
$oCategory = _IEFormElementGetObjByName($oForm, "Category")
$oFP = _IEFormElementGetObjByName($oForm, "searchFP")

_IEFormElementSetValue($oQuery, "search")
_IEFormElementOptionselect($oCategory, "TV::Other", 1, "byText")
_IEFormElementOptionselect($oFP, "Files", 1, "byText")
_IEFormSubmit($oForm)

Edited by mikehunt114
IE Dev ToolbarMSDN: InternetExplorer ObjectMSDN: HTML/DHTML Reference Guide[quote]It is surprising what a man can do when he has to, and how little most men will do when they don't have to. - Walter Linn[/quote]--------------------[font="Franklin Gothic Medium"]Post a reproducer with less than 100 lines of code.[/font]

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

that worked well. I was wanting to add 1 check that I am not sure how to do. Say, you do a search for "asdf" in "TV::All". It returns nothing and you get a message that says: "No results could be found" The HTML for that is here:

<div id="Content">
<p class="Message">
<span class="Err">No results could be found</span>
</p>
</div>

I was looking through the IE.au3 file, and found a couple of things that I thought would work, but I'm not sure how to use them...here are the functions I was looking at..

_IEDocReadHTML()

_IEBodyReadText()

_IEBodyReadHTML()

I was thinking I would do a simple If EndIf Statement that checks to see if the text "No results could be found" was there...is this possible?

Sure, something like this maybe:

$sText = _IEBodyReadText($oIE)
If StringInStr($sText, "No results could be found") Then MsgBox(0, "Result", "No results found.")oÝ÷ Øêâ*.j·°¢ºâyÖ¢ëmÂݱ·¢èºw^Ç°êÞ{az zf²mè­Â¥u·¦¢·©®ç^Ûh$¢yr{ay*Zljëh×6$oSpans = _IETagNameGetCollection($oIE, "SPAN")
For $oSpan In $oSpans
    $sText = $oSpan.innerText
    If StringInStr($sText, "No results could be found") Then MsgBox(0, "Result", "No results found.")
Next

Cheers.

IE Dev ToolbarMSDN: InternetExplorer ObjectMSDN: HTML/DHTML Reference Guide[quote]It is surprising what a man can do when he has to, and how little most men will do when they don't have to. - Walter Linn[/quote]--------------------[font="Franklin Gothic Medium"]Post a reproducer with less than 100 lines of code.[/font]

Sure, something like this maybe:

CODE: AutoIt

$sText = _IEBodyReadText($oIE)

If StringInStr($sText, "No results could be found") Then MsgBox(0, "Result", "No results found.")

Or if you are worried about those words being found elsewhere in the page, maybe it would be more prudent to look only in the Span's:

CODE: AutoIt

$oSpans = _IETagNameGetCollection($oIE, "SPAN")

For $oSpan In $oSpans

Next

Cheers.

Dude, you have been really helpful. I am so lost on how these collections work. Maybe you could explain them to me again...because I am going to be using them a lot it looks like. Now, after I did all that. I am going to be looking for the results...which are links....

I think I'm going to have to use _IELinkGetCollection, however. I'm still unsure of how to use it.

$oLinkCollect = _IELinkGetCollection($oIE)

I was trying to use what you gave me as an example....but I can't figure out where the $oSpan variable is being assigned... and what $oSpan.innerText is doing....I'm really sorry man...but you are being such good help!!! Thanks Again!

; *******************************************************
; Example 1 - Open browser with basic example, get link collection,
;               loop through items and display the associated link URL references
; *******************************************************
;
#include <IE.au3>
$oIE = _IE_Example ("basic")
$oLinks = _IELinkGetCollection ($oIE)
$iNumLinks = @extended
MsgBox(0, "Link Info", $iNumLinks & " links found")
For $oLink In $oLinks
    MsgBox(0, "Link Info", $oLink.href)
Next

# MY LOVE FOR YOU... IS LIKE A TRUCK- #

I can't figure out where the $oSpan variable is being assigned... and what $oSpan.innerText is doing....

In mikehunt114's script:

$oSpan is the variable assigned for the loop.

$oSpans = a collection of SPAN tags

$oSpan = each individual SPAN tag called in the For loop

$oSpan.innerText = the text you are searching through (see MSDN)

And as AzKay seems to be suggesting, the help file is your friend. :)

Edited by GMK

Completely ignored, Hoooooo!~

Sucka. :)

Dude, you have been really helpful. I am so lost on how these collections work. Maybe you could explain them to me again...because I am going to be using them a lot it looks like. Now, after I did all that. I am going to be looking for the results...which are links....

I think I'm going to have to use _IELinkGetCollection, however. I'm still unsure of how to use it.

$oLinkCollect = _IELinkGetCollection($oIE)

I was trying to use what you gave me as an example....but I can't figure out where the $oSpan variable is being assigned... and what $oSpan.innerText is doing....I'm really sorry man...but you are being such good help!!! Thanks Again!

To epxand on GMK's answer:

Collections are similar in theory to arrays: they hold a multitude of elements in a single variable. They are different though, and this becomes apparent when you need to enumerate and loop through the collection. The way I used "For $oSpan In $oSpans" is a method of enumerating the collection of SPAN objects. It's similar to looping through arrays. The name of the variable $oSpan is arbitrary, it just points to the multiple single objects inside the collection. I use that notation because it's easy for me to understand. What I did with the $oSpan.innerText is just retrieve the text of the object. ".innerText" is a COM call for a low level DOM property. The same thing can be done using _IEPropertyGet($object, "innerText"). For something like this in HTML:

<SPAN>Some sort of text here.</SPAN>

It would return "Some sort of text here.". The innerText property is available for almost every element in a document. There are many different types of properties like this, AzKay showed another in the example from the helpfile (.href). They are all documented at MSDN, but Dale has included the most commonly used ones in his _IEPropertyGet function.

Hopefully that was a decent explanation.

Thanks mikehunt114, that was a really good explanation, helped me wrap my head around that a little bit. Also AzKay, thanks for the snippet. Where did you find that at? Could someone maybe provide a link to some good IE.au3 examples and stuff. Thanks A lot!

AzKay's example was from the helpfile, under _IELinkGetCollection....surprise surprise. :)

ok, i'm learning a bunch about IE.au3 from reading the help...and of course from you. I have been able to interact with the login form...by using some snippet that you gave me and modified it. When I look at the source for the login button, it doesn't appear to have a name...or ID. How do I "submit" it without a name....below is the code I have so far....

$oFormLogin = _IEFormGetCollection($oIE, 3)
$oQueryLogin = _IEFormElementGetObjByName($oFormLogin, 'username')
$oQueryPass = _IEFormElementGetObjByName($oFormLogin,'password')
$oSubmitLogin = _IEFormElementGetObjByName($oFormLogin,'submit')   ;<=--- Can't figure out how to use since "submit" isn't the name...it doesn't have one!

_IEFormElementSetValue($oQueryLogin, 'username')   ;<--- Works
_IEFormElementSetValue($oQueryPass,'password')     ;<--- Works
_IEFormSubmit($oSubmitLogin)                                 ;<--- Not workingoÝ÷ Ø  l ¦¶¼¢hr·µë(ë(®ÚrØZ·¥Ç­êںǫÉhz+S®'¶¬zØb²É⦭"
-&ʺҢ}ý¶ØbH­Â)eÂämçºÇ­ê®¢Òè)êºm{]¡ë'ßÛlyé­¡·¢ª®¢Û)jz®¢ÛZ«­¢+ØÀÌØí½MÁ¹Ìô}%Q9µÑ
½±±Ñ¥½¸ ÀÌØí½%°ÅÕ½ÐíMA8ÅÕ½Ðì¤)½ÈÀÌØí½MÁ¸%¸ÀÌØí½MÁ¹Ì(ÀÌØíÍQáÐôÀÌØí½MÁ¸¹¥¹¹ÉQáÐ(%MÑÉ¥¹%¹MÑÈ ÀÌØíÍQáаÅÕ½Ðí1½¥¸ÅÕ½Ðì¤Q¡¸5Í ½à À°ÅÕ½ÐíIÍÕ±ÐÅÕ½Ðì°ÅÕ½Ðí9½Ð±½¥¸¸ÅÕ½Ðì¤)9á

Thanks again...trudging on...

ok, i'm learning a bunch about IE.au3 from reading the help...and of course from you. I have been able to interact with the login form...by using some snippet that you gave me and modified it. When I look at the source for the login button, it doesn't appear to have a name...or ID. How do I "submit" it without a name....below is the code I have so far....

$oQueryPass = _IEFormElementGetObjByName($oFormLogin,'password')
$oSubmitLogin = _IEFormElementGetObjByName($oFormLogin,'submit')   ;<=--- Can't figure out how to use since "submit" isn't the name...it doesn't have one!

_IEFormElementSetValue($oQueryLogin, 'username')   ;<--- Works
_IEFormElementSetValue($oQueryPass,'password')     ;<--- Works
_IEFormSubmit($oFormLogin)                                 ;<--- Working now

Thanks again...trudging on...

CHANGE : I was able to submit the form without needing a name. Just using the "$oFormLogin" handle.

any ideas on checking if I am already logged in or not?

You did the right thing to submit the form, you want to use the form object handle in _IEFormSubmit, not try to get a form element named "submit". Another way to submit a form is to _IEAction("click") on the button itself.

As for checking if the user is logged in, you'll have to look for something in the HTML source. If there is a text somewhere that says "logged in" or something like that, determine it's location and then check for it in your script. If you need help deciphering the HTML, post it in a codebox or attachment, or post the URL and we'll take a look at it.

Edit: typo

Edited by mikehunt114

It is at www.newzbin.com, when you are not logged in, on the left hand column, there is a "login" text and the forms. when logged in, it isn't there. Here is what I think is the relevant code.

<div class="section">
<h3>Login</h3>
<form method="post" action="/account/login/">
<div class="subsection">
<label for="username">Username:</label>
<input id="username" type="text" name="username" size="12" />
<label for="password">Password:</label>
<input id="password" type="password" name="password" size="12" />
<br />
<a href="/account/lost/#lostpass">Lost password?</a>
<br />
<input type="submit" onclick="return checkSystemTime();"

You can do pretty much the same thing I showed you earlier, but just use the Header elements instead. H1 through H6 stand for different styles of headers.

#include <IE.au3>

$url = "www.newzbin.com"
$oHeaders = _IETagNameGetCollection($oIE, "H3")
For $oHeader In $oHeaders
    $sText = $oHeader.innerText
    If StringInStr($sText, "Login") Then
        MsgBox(0, "", "Not logged in.")
        ExitLoop
    EndIf
Next

looks like my HTML skills are very very lacking! Thanks, that helped. It seems like I figure out how to do something, then try to reuse that same method, and it doesn't work...like...clicking a button...lol...Trying to click the "Get Message ID's button" and it doesn't work. Here is my script so far. You should be able to run it so you can see what I am trying to get at here.

;Newzbin Downloader
#include <GuiConstants.au3>
#include <IE.au3>

_NewzBinGUI()
_NewzBinWeb()

Func _NewzBinGUI()

;Create GUI
    $Main = GUICreate('Newzbin Auto Downloader', 300, 100)
    Opt("GUICoordMode",1)
    $CollectName = GUICtrlCreateInput('',100,10,150)
    $NameLabel = GUICtrlCreateLabel('Name of Item',20,13)
    $CollectCategory = GUICtrlCreateCombo('',100,35,60,$CBS_UPPERCASE,$CBS_DROPDOWNLIST)
    GUICtrlSetData(-1,"Unknown|Anime|Apps|Books|Consoles|Emulation|Games|Misc|Movies|Music|PDA|TV")
    $CategoryLabel = GUICtrlCreateLabel('Category',20,38)
    $CollectMaxItems = GUICtrlCreateInput('',100,60,50)
    $MaxItemsLabel = GUICtrlCreateLabel('Max # of Items',20,63)
    $Button_1 = GUICtrlCreateButton ("OK",  200, 65, 40, 0, 0x0001)
    $Button_2 = GUICtrlCreateButton ("Exit", 245, 65, 40, 0)
    $GUIIcon = GUISetIcon(@ScriptDir & '\newzbin.ico')

GUISetState ()
    ; Run the GUI until the dialog is closed
    While 1
        $msg = GUIGetMsg()
        Select
            Case $msg = -3
                Exit
            Case $msg = $Button_1
                GLOBAL $Name = GUICtrlRead($CollectName)
                GLOBAL $Category = GUICtrlRead($CollectCategory)
                GLOBAL $MaxItems = GUICtrlRead($CollectMaxItems)
                If $Name == '' OR $Category =='' Then
                    MsgBox(0,'Name','Both name and category are required!')
                Else
                WinSetState('Newzbin Auto Downloader','',@SW_HIDE)
                ExitLoop
                EndIf
            Case $msg = $Button_2
                Exit
        EndSelect
    Wend
EndFunc

Func _NewzBinWeb()

$url = "www.newzbin.com"

;Check to see if logged In
    $oHeaders = _IETagNameGetCollection($oIE, "H3")
    For $oHeader In $oHeaders
    $sText = $oHeader.innerText
    If StringInStr($sText, "Login") Then        
        ;Login
        $oQueryPass = _IEFormElementGetObjByName($oFormLogin, 'password')
        $oSubmitLogin = _IEFormElementGetObjByName($oFormLogin, 'submit')
        _IEFormElementSetValue($oQueryLogin, 'username')
        _IEFormElementSetValue($oQueryPass, 'password')
        _IEFormSubmit($oFormLogin)
        ExitLoop
    EndIf
    Next

$oForm = _IEFormGetCollection($oIE, 0)
    $oQuery = _IEFormElementGetObjByName($oForm, "q")
    $oCategory = _IEFormElementGetObjByName($oForm, "Category")
    $oFP = _IEFormElementGetObjByName($oForm, "searchFP")
    ;Setting Search title and category
    _IEFormElementSetValue($oQuery, $Name)
    _IEFormElementOptionselect($oCategory, $Category & '::All', 1, "byText")
    _IEFormSubmit($oForm)

;Check if search returned nothing
    $oSpans = _IETagNameGetCollection($oIE, "SPAN")
    For $oSpan In $oSpans
        If StringInStr($sText, "No results could be found") Or StringInStr($sText, 'Sorry. There were no results to display for your query.') Then 
            MsgBox(0, "Result", "No results found. Exiting script and closing IE!")
            _IEQuit($oIE)
            Exit
        EndIf
    Next

;Check for items found
    $oLinks = _IELinkGetCollection($oIE)
    $iNumLinks = @extended
    Dim $aPosts[600]
    $i = 0
    For $oLink In $oLinks
        If StringInStr($oLink.href, 'browse/post') Then
            If Not StringInStr($oLink.href, '#') Then
                $aPosts[$i] = $oLink.href
                $i += 1
            EndIf
        EndIf
    Next

$aPostsSize = $i - 1
    For $i = 0 to $aPostsSize
        _IENavigate($oIE, $aPosts[$i])

;Get message ID's
        $oFormIDS = _IEFormGetCollection($oIE, 1)
        $oQuery = _IEFormElementGetObjByName($oFormIDS, "msgidlist")
        _IEFormSubmit($oFormIDS)
        ;_IEAction($oFormIDS,'click')
        Exit

Next
EndFunc

Func IsVisible($handle)
  If BitAnd( WinGetState($handle), 2 ) Then
    Return 1
  Else
    Return 0
  EndIf
EndFunc

You'll have to post some HTML source.

only 1 line looks relevant to my noobish eyes, however I took some before and after just incase.

<table summary="Attached Files" class="postview">
<tr>
<th>
Attached Files
</th>
<th colspan="2">
<input type="submit" name="msgidlist" value="Get Message-IDs" />
[<input type="checkbox" name="dupes" /> include dupes]

Have you tried:

$oButton = _IEGetObjByName($oIE, "msgidlist")