Protecting scripts source

After a lot of readings along this forum here is my choice (personal) to prevent decompilation of my au3 scripts.

I won't tell it's the best solution so i'd appeciate every comment.

1- MOST IMPORTANT, choose an icon for your program or the default Autoit icon will be used.

2- Compilate the au3 script using aut2exe with "Allow decompilation" checked and a 44 characters key (don't forget to UNCHECK "UPX compress"

in the compression menu. Your script.exe will be crypted.

3- Edit the script.exe with ResourceHacker (http://www.angusj.com/resourcehacker/) to modify the "Version info" section, removing all Autoit words and version,

replacing them by yours.

4- Use upx (C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\Aut2Exe\upx.exe) to compress your program (with -9 for the best compression)

5- Use any Hexadecimal editor (http://www.chmaas.handshake.de/delphi/freeware/xvi32/xvi32.htm for example), edit your script.exe and replace all UPX strings by any other 3 characters.

It's actualy my best way to get my scripts secured... i'm open to any comment.

Thanks

Max

• Developers

1-4 can all be done by AutoIt3Wrapper that comes with SciTE4AutoIt3 and you can also use Obfuscator to make the script less readable because its never really save ....

:)

Edited by JdeB

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

1-4 can all be done by AutoIt3Wrapper that comes with SciTE4AutoIt3 and you can also use Obfuscator to make the script less readable because its never really save ....

I agree but with Obfuscator... 3 of the 4 scripts i made (and sell) don't work after beeing obfuscated.

Max

• Developers

I agree but with Obfuscator... 3 of the 4 scripts i made (and sell) don't work after beeing obfuscated.

Max

Any idea why your script are not working anymore after Obfuscation?

I haven't seen any reports lately of issues with Obfuscator unless you are using unsupported functions....

Edited by JdeB

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

Any idea why your script are not working anymore after Obfuscation?

I haven't seen any reports lately of issues with Obfuscator unless you are using unsupported functions....

Yes, i'm using scripts from the Crypto_Suite_v1.1 (AutoIt Scripts) and obfuscator seems not to handle long character strings... am i right ?

So i got errors.

Regards

Max

• Developers

Yes, i'm using scripts from the Crypto_Suite_v1.1 (AutoIt Scripts) and obfuscator seems not to handle long character strings... am i right ?

So i got errors.

Regards

Max

It handles lines up to a lenght of 2047 ... so long strings should be broken down into multiple lines to make it work ...

I am not familiar with Crypto_Suite_v1.1 but it should be simple to make that change if thats the only reason for it to fail ..

EDIT: You are correct ... that total line lenght is also tested and cannot be longer than 2047 ... in this case it's an Array DIM statement that doesn't help to break it up.

Edited by JdeB

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

• Developers

Had a closer look at it and the error is misleading .. will change that for the next release.

The issue with this set of include files is that it created longer lines that 2047 characters when all the specified values are obfuscated.

It will work fine when the Dim statements for the arrays are spread ofve multiple lines and they are shortened to approx 800 characters each.

EDIT: Submitted an update to the creator of the includes ....

Edited by JdeB

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

Had a closer look at it and the error is misleading .. will change that for the next release.

The issue with this set of include files is that it created longer lines that 2047 characters when all the specified values are obfuscated.

It will work fine when the Dim statements for the arrays are spread ofve multiple lines and they are shortened to approx 800 characters each.

EDIT: Submitted an update to the creator of the includes ....

Nice work ! Autoit Dude !

I will use obfuscator then.

Thank you very much for this solving

Max

Nice work ! Autoit Dude !

I will use obfuscator then.

Thank you very much for this solving

Max

Using Obfuscator v 1.0.15

More detailed informations about the error, from the obfuscator.log:

18.00 ==> Loading Include file into source Array:c:\1.7\crypto_suite_v1.1\aes_perso.au3

!File contains records longer than 2047 .. stopping process.

!Ending Obfuscator program.

• Developers

Using Obfuscator v 1.0.15

More detailed informations about the error, from the obfuscator.log:

18.00 ==> Loading Include file into source Array:c:\1.7\crypto_suite_v1.1\aes_perso.au3

!File contains records longer than 2047 .. stopping process.

!Ending Obfuscator program.

No sure what you mean here, but:

I will make an update available for Obfuscator soon but things can also be fix by splitting to long lines into multiple shorter lines ....

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

No sure what you mean here, but:

I will make an update available for Obfuscator soon but things can also be fix by splitting to long lines into multiple shorter lines ....

Due to my high programing skills... i will wait for this update !

Again, thanks

Max