New user to AutoIt

Hi, Im brand new to AutoIt, I've never done any work with scripts (but I have used HotKeyboard). I have no idea where to start, what to do. I want to make filling in of a form/dialog box automatic, that is, automatically enter data from other applications into fields of a HP OpenView new profile. Cheers in advance, Nic

Hi, Im brand new to AutoIt, I've never done any work with scripts (but I have used HotKeyboard). I have no idea where to start, what to do. I want to make filling in of a form/dialog box automatic, that is, automatically enter data from other applications into fields of a HP OpenView new profile. Cheers in advance, Nic

Welcome to AutoIt...

AutoIt is not just an automation tool , its a great powerful scripting language for windows

i would suggest that you first of all download the latest beta, download Au3Library and Scite4Autoit3 then take a look at the example script section to look at AutoIt syntax and abilities and take some ideas...

Try to make a classic 'hello world' program :) as start by looking at the helpfile and online documents here and here... and for help? here

good learning

EDIT:also take a look at Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3

Edited by c4nm7