language translator not really

i want to make so called language translator it supposed that i give him a folder and it rename every file in the folder but not translation ; conversion from Arabic letter to English letter. example convert (أ ) to (a) and so on can any help with little example i really need that program :)

1 £0\\/3 |-|3® $0 |\\/|µ(|-|

well if you only want to replace the letters, this is really no big deal. Work with FileFindFirstFile, FileFindNextFile and FileMove to rename the Files.

Teamspeak 3 User Viewer - Quick and functional TS3 Query script, which shows online users.Cached Screenshot Deleter - Deletes older Fraps Screenshots if they exceed a specified limit.Unresolved Topics:Intercept and modify dragdrop text behaviour in scite

Look in Help file in the Autoit3 Directory, search for the functions i wrote above, there is one example to every function. Really simple.

It seems that you are more interested in getting the work for you done rather than trying and learning for youself. In this case you wont get many Replys here.

But if you have problems on the way doing your stuff, we will always try to help.

Teamspeak 3 User Viewer - Quick and functional TS3 Query script, which shows online users.Cached Screenshot Deleter - Deletes older Fraps Screenshots if they exceed a specified limit.Unresolved Topics:Intercept and modify dragdrop text behaviour in scite

no,no,no i can use these three funtions but 1 want an example how to rename only

FileMove is used to rename a file

Filemove("oldname","newname",1)

Serial port communications UDF Includes functions for binary transmission and reception.printing UDF Useful for graphs, forms, labels, reports etc.Add User Call Tips to SciTE for functions in UDFs not included with AutoIt and for your own scripts.Functions with parameters in OnEvent mode and for Hot Keys One function replaces GuiSetOnEvent, GuiCtrlSetOnEvent and HotKeySet.UDF IsConnected2 for notification of status of connected state of many urls or IPs, without slowing the script.

basically you need the StringReplace Function. I would put all arabic letters in a array and Replace every letter in the String with a For/Next Loop.

It would look like this:

$str = "¢ÖÀæÖèÃ"

Dim $eng[30] = ["a","b","c"] ;~ and so on, all english letters in alphabetic order
Dim $arab[30] = ["æ","Ã","¢"] ;~ and so on, all arabic letters in alphabetic order
$newstr = $str
for $i = 0 to Ubound($arab)-1
    $tempstr = StringReplace($newstr,$arab[$i],$eng[$i])
    If $tempstr = "" Then ContinueLoop
    $newstr = $tempstr
    MsgBox(0,"Temp String",$newstr)
Next

MsgBox(0,"End String",$newstr)
Edited by qsek

ok thanx i made it any idias how to save it with the new name

like martin wrote above use FileMove to rename, and it would be cool if you dont post two identical topics in the same forum thx :) Edited by qsek