guictrlcreaticon with a .ico file

sshrum

Did a quick search but didn't find what I was looking for...seems basic enough to me.

I'm trying to create a icon in my GUI window and I am getting back a blank box sans the ico file I indicated.

The help file examples don't show a way to use a .ico file without having to use a iconName (typically for dll's, icl's, etc.) This is a stand alone ico file

What needs to be done to display a stand alone .ico image?

TIA

P.S: Haven't seen it yet but will the icon object respect the icon's transparent properties?

P.S.S.: It might be helpful to update the AutoIT help file to include a list of supported file types for icon and picture objects...currently the supported types are not listed in the GUICTRLCREATEICON or GUICTRLCREATEPIC sections nor are there links to a section in the help file that does cover this.

Here's an example snippet:

#Include <Constants.au3>
#include <GUIConstants.au3>
$iGUIWidth = 756
$iGUIHeight = 1024
$iGUILeft = (@DesktopWidth/2) - ($iGUIWidth/2)
$iGUITop = (@DesktopHeight/2) - ($iGUIHeight/2)
$sBackground = "<any .jpg file here>"
$sIcon = "<any .ico file here>"
$iGUI = GuiCreate("MyGUI",$iGUIWidth,$iGUIHeight,$iGUILeft,$iGUITop,$WS_POPUP,$WS_EX_TOOLWINDOW)
$iBackground = GUICtrlCreatePic($sBackground,0,0,$iGUIWidth,$iGUIHeight)
$iIcon = GUICtrlCreateIcon($sIcon,-1,20,20,64,64)
GUISetState(@SW_SHOW, $iGUI)
Sleep(5000)

For me, I'm getting a grey square in the upper left hand corner...this should be the icon image.

Edited by sshrum

Sean Shrum :: http://www.shrum.net

All my published AU3-based apps and utilities

'Make it idiot-proof, and someone will make a better idiot'

I believe you need to have the correct type of icon. I am pretty certain size matters...16x16, 32x32 and 48x48 are acceptable. There's something about color too.

Edited by mikehunt114
IE Dev ToolbarMSDN: InternetExplorer ObjectMSDN: HTML/DHTML Reference Guide[quote]It is surprising what a man can do when he has to, and how little most men will do when they don't have to. - Walter Linn[/quote]--------------------[font="Franklin Gothic Medium"]Post a reproducer with less than 100 lines of code.[/font]