GUICtrlCreateEdit - Limitation

It seems like there is a limit on how many lines or how many characters can edit field handle created by GUICtrlCreateEdit command.

Can anyone enlighten me with the limit and work around for this? It would be great if there is any code to override the limit of a control.

Example of what I need to do is, I need to input 100 lines to the edit fileds but when I copy and paste into edit filed, it gets cut of in middle of 81st line. So I need to find out if there is any way to increase the limit so the edit field can take all 100 lines that I am trying to input.

Your help is greatly appreciated.

It seems like there is a limit on how many lines or how many characters can edit field handle created by GUICtrlCreateEdit command.

Can anyone enlighten me with the limit and work around for this? It would be great if there is any code to override the limit of a control.

Example of what I need to do is, I need to input 100 lines to the edit fileds but when I copy and paste into edit filed, it gets cut of in middle of 81st line. So I need to find out if there is any way to increase the limit so the edit field can take all 100 lines that I am trying to input.

Your help is greatly appreciated.

I had the same problem but i think the limit issue isn't related with lines but with the size of the info you want to write to the GuiCtrlCreateEdit in bytes. You can try using GUICtrlSetLimit like this

GuiCtrlCreateEdit("", 10, 10, 400, 300)
GUICtrlSetLimit(-1, 1500000)

but i'm not sure if it will work. give it a try

I had the same problem but i think the limit issue isn't related with lines but with the size of the info you want to write to the GuiCtrlCreateEdit in bytes. You can try using GUICtrlSetLimit like this

GuiCtrlCreateEdit("", 10, 10, 400, 300)
GUICtrlSetLimit(-1, 1500000)

but i'm not sure if it will work. give it a try

Thank you for your reply!. I have tried it and unfortunately didn't work. I guess I have hit maximum it can go.