School Project help

Ok ... so I have this project for school ... Geometry class ... we have to make a script to turn a few words into a conditional statement ... the converse of it ... the inverse of the condition ... and to make it decide if its true or false and make it create a counterexample or a biconditional statement...here's what i have so far...and it already doesn't work...

$p=InputBox("Hypothesis", "Type in the hypothesis in the space provided.", "")
$q=InputBox("Conclusion", "Type in the conclusion in the space provided.", "")
MsgBox(48, "Conditional Statement", "If $p , then $q EndIf.")
SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME!

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok ... so I have this project for school ... Geometry class ... we have to make a script to turn a few words into a conditional statement ... the converse of it ... the inverse of the condition ... and to make it decide if its true or false and make it create a counterexample or a biconditional statement...here's what i have so far...and it already doesn't work...

SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

faq 9

"I'm not even supposed to be here today!" -Dante (Hicks)

that helps me a little...i only get the hypothesis to show up now...

MsgBox(48, "Conditional Statement", "If " & $p  "then" & $q )

Edit: the message box needs to come up with a statement following this ... "If xxx, then yyy." can it do that?

Edited by ifthenhelpme

now the damn thing has no spaces...

EDIT: Ok ... so I have this project for school ... Geometry class ... we have to make a script to turn a few words into a conditional statement (GOT IT EXCEPT THE SPACING) ... the converse of it(WHICH MEANS SWITCHING $P AND $Q) ... the inverse of the condition(INSTEAD OF "If it is sunny, then the sky is clear" it would change it to "If it isn't sunny, then the sky isn't clear.") ... and to make it decide if its true or false and make it create a biconditional statement...

Edited by ifthenhelpme

now the damn thing has no spaces...

EDIT: Ok ... so I have this project for school ... Geometry class ... we have to make a script to turn a few words into a conditional statement (GOT IT EXCEPT THE SPACING) ... the converse of it(WHICH MEANS SWITCHING $P AND $Q) ... the inverse of the condition(INSTEAD OF "If it is sunny, then the sky is clear" it would change it to "If it isn't sunny, then the sky isn't clear.") ... and to make it decide if its true or false and make it create a biconditional statement...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

how many points do I get if I tell you the answer? :ph34r:

you have the answer .... you've already got one in your script...

"I'm not even supposed to be here today!" -Dante (Hicks)

Guest BL@(K-R34P3R

I don't understand the if then, can someone please tell me how and what that does?

"If $p, then $q..." what is that doing?

@Bl@(K-R34P3R - it is not a regular autoit funtion...it is for goemetry

@emmanuel - no she didnt specifify the language...i have been playing with AutoIt for a little while now and it seems easy...and u get a bagillion points for helping me...please explain "you already have one in your script"

Guest BL@(K-R34P3R

I know that it's for geometry, I took that class 2 years ago, but I juts don't understand how that script you made works. What does it DO?

im trying to make it turn a few words into a conditional statement(If->then)...its converse(then->If)...its inverse(~If->~then)...and its contrapositive(~then->~If)

EDIT: and if its possible make it determine if its true or false so it can make a counter-example or biconditional statement

Edited by ifthenhelpme

Guest BL@(K-R34P3R

AHHHH, my bad. I looked at your script again. For some reason, before I thought that you were actually using an IF THEN statement, but you are just using those words and printing the variable statements after. Thanks.

You are just wanting it to pop up a message box that says say I put 1 for $p and 2 for $q then have it pop up If 1 then 2 endif? If so that will work.

MsgBox(48, "Conditional Statement", "If " & $p &" then " & $q & " EndIf.")

Erm and why the hell are they having you script in geometry? That seems um... slightly off topic? If it's a college class you could probly talk to the head of the math department or whatever.

Edited by KnowledgeSponge

Guest BL@(K-R34P3R

His teacher isn't MAKING him do it. He is doing it to make his homework easier. All he does is put in the statement, and it prints out the converse, inverse, etc...