_IEAction to copy page ?

Who

Like the _IEAction's selectall and copy?

Dale

Free Internet Tools: DebugBar, AutoIt IE Builder, HTTP UDF, MODIV2, IE Developer Toolbar, IEDocMon, Fiddler, HTML Validator, WGet, curl

MSDN docs: InternetExplorer Object, Document Object, Overviews and Tutorials, DHTML Objects, DHTML Events, WinHttpRequest, XmlHttpRequest, Cross-Frame Scripting, Office object model

Automate input type=file (Related)

Alternative to _IECreateEmbedded? better: _IECreatePseudoEmbedded  Better Better?

IE.au3 issues with Vista - Workarounds

SciTe Debug mode - it's magic: #AutoIt3Wrapper_run_debug_mode=Y

Doesn't work needs to be ripped out of the troubleshooting lexicon. It means that what you tried did not produce the results you expected. It begs the questions 1) what did you try?, 2) what did you expect? and 3) what happened instead?

Reproducer: a small (the smallest?) piece of stand-alone code that demonstrates your trouble

Yes sir, I tried :

$IEText = _IEAction ( $IE, "copy")

But this won't work. And I tried :

$Select = _IEAction ( $IE, "selectall")
$IEText = _IEAction ( $Select, "copy")

And won't work too : IE.au3 Error from function _IEAction, $_IEStatus_InvalidDataType

Can you help me please ?

Edited by Who

Yes sir, I tried :

$IEText = _IEAction ( $IE, "copy")

But this won't work. And I tried :

$Select = _IEAction ( $IE, "selectall")
$IEText = _IEAction ( $Select, "copy")

And won't work too : IE.au3 Error from function _IEAction, $_IEStatus_InvalidDataType

Can you help me please ?

Hmm... I think you are confused about the return value. _IEAction() just returns 1 for success. The selection is not returned, just...selected. But "copy" doesn't appear to change the clipboard contents either. I think this should have worked (stayed with visible for testing):

#include <IE.au3>
ClipPut("...clipboard unchanged...")

$oIE = _IECreate('http://www.google.com', 0, 1, 1)
If _IEAction($oIE, "selectall") Then
    If _IEAction($oIE, "copy") Then
        ConsoleWrite("Debug: Success: " & @LF & ClipGet() & @LF)
    Else
        ConsoleWrite("Debug: Failed to copy." & @LF)
    EndIf
Else
    ConsoleWrite("Debug: Failed to select." & @LF)
EndIf

_IEQuit($oIE)

But the result is this:

>Running:(3.2.4.9):C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\autoit3.exe "C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\Scripts\Test_1.au3"   
Debug: Success: 
...clipboard unchanged...
+>13:35:44 AutoIT3.exe ended.rc:0

What happened...?

:)

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

Hmm... I think you are confused about the return value. _IEAction() just returns 1 for success. The selection is not returned, just...selected. But "copy" doesn't appear to change the clipboard contents either. I think this should have worked (stayed with visible for testing):

#include <IE.au3>

Else
    EndIf
Else
EndIf

_IEQuit($oIE)

But the result is this:

>Running:(3.2.4.9):C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\autoit3.exe "C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\Scripts\Test_1.au3"   
Debug: Success: 
...clipboard unchanged...
+>13:35:44 AutoIT3.exe ended.rc:0

What happened...?

:)

Well, it actually worked, but the results were surprising to you. Nothing got places on the clipboard because when the google page displayed it had its focus set to a text input box. Change the URL to http://www.autoitscript.com and you'll see it give you what you expected.

Dale

Free Internet Tools: DebugBar, AutoIt IE Builder, HTTP UDF, MODIV2, IE Developer Toolbar, IEDocMon, Fiddler, HTML Validator, WGet, curl

MSDN docs: InternetExplorer Object, Document Object, Overviews and Tutorials, DHTML Objects, DHTML Events, WinHttpRequest, XmlHttpRequest, Cross-Frame Scripting, Office object model

Alternative to _IECreateEmbedded? better: _IECreatePseudoEmbedded  Better Better?

Doesn't work needs to be ripped out of the troubleshooting lexicon. It means that what you tried did not produce the results you expected. It begs the questions 1) what did you try?, 2) what did you expect? and 3) what happened instead?

Reproducer: a small (the smallest?) piece of stand-alone code that demonstrates your trouble

Well, it actually worked, but the results were surprising to you. Nothing got places on the clipboard because when the google page displayed it had its focus set to a text input box. Change the URL to http://www.autoitscript.com and you'll see it give you what you expected.

Dale

Oh I see, If the URL is http://www.autoitscript.com then it works well. But can you provide a solution for the http://google.com please ?

Ahhh, so!

I hadn't noticed that. If you open the google page, the focus is in the input box and hitting Ctrl-a gets you nothing. But if you click outside the input box to change the focus first, then Ctrl-a gets the whole page. So this works (with lots of error reporting):

#include <IE.au3>

$oLink = _IELinkGetCollection($oIE, 1)
If IsObj($oLink) Then
    If _IEAction($oLink, "focus") Then
            Else
            EndIf
        Else
        EndIf
    Else
        ConsoleWrite("Debug: Failed to get focus." & @LF)
    EndIf
Else
    ConsoleWrite("Debug: Failed to get link object." & @LF)
EndIf

_IEQuit($oIE)
Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

Yes, that will work for the Google page and most any other, but it assumes that there is a link to give focus to... a more generalized solution is simply to take focus away from the window first. There are other ways, but putting this before the selectAll will work:

$oWindow = $oIE.document.parentWindow

_IEAction($oWindow, "blur")

Dale

Nah It works like a charm. Thank you very much for your help :P.

But now, I realize that maybe the IE.au3 is not support sites which have authentication ( prompt user to enter username and password ) or am I wrong ? :)

Edited by Who