cheack box help

Draygoes

I know that you have to use guictrlread but I dont know how to make it work with a cheack box.

Ive tried the help but that didnt do what I wanted it to do.

could sombody make a fast tut for me

Like when user cheacks it it then clicks a butten, it displays a message like (you have cheackd the box)

and when the user uncheacks it and clicks a butten, it displays a different message

Spoiler

"If a vegetarian eats vegetables,What the heck does a humanitarian eat?"

"I hear voices in my head, but I ignore them and continue on killing."

"You have forced me to raise the indifference warning to beige, it's a beige alert people. As with all beige alerts please prepare to think about the possibility of caring."

An optimist says that giving someone power DOESN'T immediately turn them into a sadist. A pessimist says that giving someone power doesn't IMMEDIATELY turn them into a sadist.

I know that you have to use guictrlread but I dont know how to make it work with a cheack box.

Ive tried the help but that didnt do what I wanted it to do.

could sombody make a fast tut for me

Like when user cheacks it it then clicks a butten, it displays a message like (you have cheackd the box)

and when the user uncheacks it and clicks a butten, it displays a different message

From the help file under GuiCtrlRead():

Return Value

Checkbox, Radio state of the button. See State table

From the "State Table":

$GUI_UNCHECKED - Radio, Checkbox or ListViewItem will be unchecked

$GUI_CHECKED - Radio, Checkbox or ListViewItem will be checked

thx for the reply. Unfortunatly, that doesnt tell me how to get it to know wether or not the user has cheacked/uncheacked it. All i understand out of that info is how to set the default.

Im sorry im so dense but im still learning and ive never programed before.

Spoiler

"You have forced me to raise the indifference warning to beige, it's a beige alert people. As with all beige alerts please prepare to think about the possibility of caring."

An optimist says that giving someone power DOESN'T immediately turn them into a sadist. A pessimist says that giving someone power doesn't IMMEDIATELY turn them into a sadist.

For OnEventMode, you can either set a bool or use GUICtrlRead() to obtain the state

For MsgLoopMode, not sure, maybe this?

Case $Msg=$Checkbox and Bitor(GUICtrlRead($Checkbox))=$GUI_CHECKED Then

If it doesn't work change Bitor to Bitand or BitNot, it's either 1

Edited by Generator

Maby it would help if i told yall what im trying to do?

I want to create an installer with multiple options for what is or isnt installed.

example

-------------------------------------

the gui would look like

-------------------------------------

select options to install

(cheack box) mmui files

(cheack box) nene files

------------------------------

what script might look like

-------------------------------

If user cheacked box 1 then

install this file

Is there a way that this might work?

Spoiler

Wonderful, thank you!!!!!

BTW, I hope that my posting so many help topics isnt getting annoying. Im trying to learn as best as i can on my own but it is still hard sometimes. You have been such a greate help and im very grateful. The last thing that I want to do is get in peoples way.

Spoiler

Wonderful, thank you!!!!!

BTW, I hope that my posting so many help topics isnt getting annoying. Im trying to learn as best as i can on my own but it is still hard sometimes. You have been such a greate help and im very grateful. The last thing that I want to do is get in peoples way.

Hey, we've all got to start somewhere.

The only thing we ask is that you (continue to) show some initiative: read the help file, post a sample of what you're done so far to show you're trying on your own, and be polite: looks like you're off to a pretty good start.