Word Search

Is their a way to make a script that searches for a certain word and then click on it? I know you can search for a color and click on it,

More info please: is the word on a web page (ie: a link)? is it in a program? on a button?

Its for a game, I want to search for names instead of colors "have a list of names in a .ini or something", I'm not asking for someone to write me a script. I just want to know if it is even possible so im not wasting time trying to figure it out if it isnt.

Edited by gunie

Its for a game, I want to search for names instead of colors "have a list of names in a .ini or something", I'm not asking for someone to write me a script. I just want to know if it is even possible so im not wasting time trying to figure it out if it isnt.

Depends on how the names are rendered in the game.

If the Au3Info tool can see the names then there's a good chance.

Otherwise you end up looking at the whole OCR thing which will probably be too complicated/slow to be effective.

@all,

OCR is not slow or complex.

Real OCR in AU3

regards,

ptrex

@ptrex,

I'd already seen & played with your OCR functions and like most of your work it is superb.

I simply meant that for use in a game, it will probably not be quick enough for the probable speed of response the OP would want.