Hotfixes to array with countdown

JimC

I would like to read a directory of hotfixes assign to array then execute the hotfixes with /integrate: /passive /norestart /overwriteoem options

I would also like to display a message of x number of hotfixes to run to notify of how many hofixes are left to integrate.

Any idea ?

#include <array.au3>

arr1 = _filelistto array($hfdir)

if @ error = -1 then exitloop

_arraysort($arr1, 0,1 )

GUICtrlSetState($but_hot_intergrate, $gui_disable) ; Start Button

$arr1= _FileListToArray($hfdir)

_ArraySort($arr1, 0, 1)

for $c = 1 to ubound($arr1, 1) -1

RunWait($arr1[$c] & ' /integrate:' & $xpcd & ' /passive /norestart /overwriteoem')

$message = GUICtrlCreateLabel('Integrating: ' & $arr1[$c] , 10, 405, 570, 20)

sleep(1000)

GUICtrlDelete($message)

Next

$message = GUICtrlCreateLabel(' Hotfix Integration Complete. ', 10, 405, 570, 20)

Can anyone offer a suggestion on the runwait statement? I am reading the hotfixes into an array passing the /integrate switch which needs a destination directory, but I also need to pass /passive /norestart /overwriteoem switches as well. IT bombs out because of what I am trying to pass after the second &

Thanks for any assistance.

Where do you define what's in $xpcd? Do you need a space after "/integrate:" ? Have you tried using @comspec to run the command? Or is there a special Windows command that is needed to run a hotfix program? Add a msgbox line that tests out the expansion of your RunWait statement. Then try to run that expanded statement in a dos box. e.g.

$var = $arr1[$c] & ' /integrate:' & $xpcd & ' /passive /norestart /overwriteoem'
msgbox(1,"",$var)

Can anyone offer a suggestion on the runwait statement?

...by the way, it's pronounced: "JIF"... Bob Berry --- inventor of the GIF format

I am getting an error message that it cant run external command. I think it is having a problem with the switches I am trying to throw at it.

I also tried giving it a working directory of $hfdir which is where the hotfixes are housed.

I am getting an error message that it cant run external command. I think it is having a problem with the switches I am trying to throw at it.

I also tried giving it a working directory of $hfdir which is where the hotfixes are housed.

You only get the file name, not the full path in _FileListToArray(), so you need to reassemble the full path with something like (also displays command line to console for easier troubleshooting):

$sExtCmd = $hfdir & "\" & $arr1[$c] & ' /integrate:' & $xpcd & ' /passive /norestart /overwriteoem'
ConsoleWrite("Debug: $sExtCmd = " & $sExtCmd & @LF)
$RET = RunWait($sExtCmd, $hfdir)
ConsoleWrite("Debug: $RET = " & $RET & @LF)

:)

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

Here is what I did , but I had to change Group policy on file extension to stop Xp sp2 from asking to run each file. Your option would have avoided that. I will test.

Thank you very much for your suggestion.

$xpcd= "c:\testxp"; dont forget to delete this

$workdir = $hfdir &'\'

$parameters = '/integrate:' & $xpcd & ' /passive /norestart /overwriteoem'

GUICtrlSetState($but_hot_intergrate, $gui_disable) ; Start Button

$arr1= _FileListToArray($hfdir)

_ArraySort($arr1, 0, 1)

for $c = 1 to ubound($arr1, 1) -1

$var= $arr1[$c]

$message = GUICtrlCreateLabel('Integrating: ' & $arr1[$c] , 10, 405, 570, 20)

ShellExecuteWait($var, $parameters,$hfdir)

sleep(1000)

GUICtrlDelete($message)

Next

$message = GUICtrlCreateLabel(' Hotfix Integration Complete. ', 10, 405, 570, 20)