Send("{L}") not working?

I'm trying to Send the key "L" in a game and it isn't going through. I tried holding it down with Sleep delays and Opt("MouseClickDelay", 1000). I tried Sending it 4 times but that didn't work either. It's as if nothing is happening.

Is this due to protection on the game's part?

Thanks

I tried to do Send commands in a game cold "MapleStory"... but not working...

I tried many commands like "WinActivate" and "WinActiveWait", but still not working...

It seems like the GameGuard is blocking it... WE HAVE TO FIND A WAY TO BYPASS THE GameGuard!!!!

Muhahahahahaha!!!

xD

Edited by Info

I'm trying to Send the key "L" in a game and it isn't going through. I tried holding it down with Sleep delays and Opt("MouseClickDelay", 1000). I tried Sending it 4 times but that didn't work either. It's as if nothing is happening.

Is this due to protection on the game's part?

Thanks

Some autoit code would be nice ;). Couple of things I gathered from your the topic subject line and your post.

1 - To send a capital letter l ("L") you should drop the curly brackets since they are used for special keys. Reread the Send command from the help file. Use this instead:

Send("L")  ;<= for upper case L
Send("l")  ;<= for lower case l

2 - MouseClickDelay has nothing to do with sending keystrokes. The name implies Mouse related operations. For keystrokes read up on SendKeyDelay, makes sense right?

3 - If you're sending MouseClicks or keystrokes and it appears nothing is happening, then my guess is:

a) -- read the SciTE console for possible error to ensure the script didn't error out before getting to your Send command

B) -- make sure the commands are being sent to the correct window.

4 - If you or ANY newbie to autoit isn't using the AutoIt version of SciTE, do yourself a HUGE favor and start using it. Yes I know... you have a different favorite editor and don't want or need another one. I love PSPad with its cool TextDiff and FTP features SciTE doesn't have, but trust me SciTE is the way to go if you're going to script in au3. That said, if folks know how to configure PSPad with all the features of SciTE... now that would be a hit with me! Especially since SciTE doesn't have a help file to explain how to use all the features. LOL typical programmer mindset, "if they have to ask then they don't need to know." Granted not all programmers think this way, it just seems to be common among several I've had the pleasure of working with in the past -- unrelated to autoit of course.

I think that about covers it. Hope this helps and good luck!