NEED HELP

Hey guys!

I need some urgent basic help in operating AutoIT.

I have a few problems concerning operating controls in a GUI software.

"tick boxes" I can access with no problem using the ID. Some other controls as well.

The problems begin with trackbars and tabs (called as SysTabControl32). What function is best to move trackbars and access different tabs on the tabs line.

I'm quite a beginner, as you can see, so please help!

I'll be glad to recieve emails if it's more convinient for you!

mcherkass@gmail.com

Thanks a lot!

Michael.

Well, I don't really know what you want. But if I were you, I'd edit the title of the thread. "NEED HELP!" Doesn't say anything and it scares the experienced people away, hehe. So be more specific there. Justa suggestion...

Hey again!

As the little info box on the side says - I'm a newbie... so I ask slightly stupid questions... that means I reallt need the help of the expirienced guys.

I'll try to be more specific:

My task is to control an existing program through its GUI (FaceGen, if you're familiar with it). Right now I've succeeded only in moving the mouse around, clicking on various objects and "ticking boxes". There many trackbars. Using the AutoIT window info I've managed to extract the ID's, classes, instances and various data about the controls in the program.

I'm using the ControlClick function and ControlCommand function and MouseClickDrag function for the graphic part.

How can I change the state of the control? (trackbar).

Furthermore, I need to move to a different tab. The tabs are in SysTabControl32 type and are considered to be one instance of the type. I've tried using the control coordinates - without success.

I'll post some snapshots to explain myself better later, but any help till then will be appriciated!

Thanks again!

hey again...

attached a file containing a snapshot from the program so you'll have a referance to what I'm asking from you...

thanks!

Thanks the attachment was helpful. If you have the latest version of autoit ou'll notice that AU3Info is also updated with 7 tabs beginning with Window and ending with Summary, right? If not then get the latest version please.

Within AU3Info click on the Control tab and you'll see the SysTabControl32 on the top line and ExStyle at the bottom of the list. What you want from this window is the ControlClick Coords. These well be your X, Y for ControlClick. So assuming ControlClick Coords = 238,8 your code woult be:

ControlClick("Title", "Text", "[CLASS:SysTabControl32]", "left", 1, 238,8)

That should work and be enough for you to figure out the other one! Good luck and hope this helped! BTW, notice no space in the [CLASS:SysTabControl32], unless you don't want it to work :)