Logging Script Output in a Gui

Hi guys.

I've got a script with a pretty simple gui that I used for logging/debugging output.

Func StartGui()
    $gui = GUICreate("Output", 600, 500, 700, 800, $WS_EX_TOPMOST) ; will create a dialog box that when displayed is centered
    WinSetOnTop($gui, "",1)
    $status = GUICtrlCreateEdit("", 0,10,590,480, -1)
    GUISetState (@SW_SHOW) 
EndFunc

;; -------------------------------------
;; Logit()
;; -------------------------------------
;; This function logs to the GUI and hopefully file
Func Logit($string)
    Local $logfile = 'C:/data/logfile.txt'
    Local $date = @MDAY & "-" & @MON & "-" & @YEAR & " " & @HOUR & ":" & @MIN & ":" & @SEC
    Local $message = $date & " " & $string
    $file = FileOpen($logfile, 9)
    FileWrite($file, $message & @CRLF)
    FileClose($file)
    GUICtrlSetData($status,$message & @CRLF,1)
    Sleep(100)
EndFunc

My issue is that the editbox gets full and stops logging. Is there some way I can specify that I only want the last X lines?

Cheers :)

For something like this, maybe it would be better to use a List.

IE Dev ToolbarMSDN: InternetExplorer ObjectMSDN: HTML/DHTML Reference Guide[quote]It is surprising what a man can do when he has to, and how little most men will do when they don't have to. - Walter Linn[/quote]--------------------[font="Franklin Gothic Medium"]Post a reproducer with less than 100 lines of code.[/font]

For something like this, maybe it would be better to use a List.

I initially was using a list, however the issue I had was that as the log was generated the window wouldn't scroll down. The output made it there, but all the output was scrolling below in the listbox.

If there's some way to tell Autoit to go to the last one on an edit that would be great.

How about adding to the top? You can use _GUICtrlListInstertItem with an index of 0 to append a new entry to the beginning. This is how I make my loggers.

IE Dev ToolbarMSDN: InternetExplorer ObjectMSDN: HTML/DHTML Reference Guide[quote]It is surprising what a man can do when he has to, and how little most men will do when they don't have to. - Walter Linn[/quote]--------------------[font="Franklin Gothic Medium"]Post a reproducer with less than 100 lines of code.[/font]

How about adding to the top? You can use _GUICtrlListInstertItem with an index of 0 to append a new entry to the beginning. This is how I make my loggers.

Ah excellent, this is what I was after. Thanks.