Using AutoIT to control Wordpad

rsts

Hi,

I write freeware (using PureBasic) and was referred to AutoIT by users in the PureBasic forum.

I've downloaded AutoIT, read the documentation and studied some examples and think it will come close to meeting my needs but am looking for some verification from some of the 'experts' before I possibly wander down a wrong path.

The application I've written (in PureBasic) needs to accomodate Rich Text input. I've written some routines in PureBasic that will accomodate the basics - font, color - but would like to provide a richer editing capability. Rather than continue to expand the capabilities of my program and end up writing a full fledged editor, I'd prefer to use the capabilities that exist in wordpad.

So I'd like to be able to have a user open a wordpad session from my program (which I can already do), use wordpad to edit/create a document, but when they're finished, send control back to my program so it can capture and save the output (in my database).

In effect I would like to control any file saving which occurs, but allow the user to use wordpad natively for their text editing.

In your opinion, will I be able to accomplish that somewhat seamlessly (from an end user view) in autoit? I just don't want to end up with something looking like a cumbersome and confusing add-on to my program.

Thanks for any assistance, advice or suggestions you may have.

cheers

Hi,

I write freeware (using PureBasic) and was referred to AutoIT by users in the PureBasic forum.

I've downloaded AutoIT, read the documentation and studied some examples and think it will come close to meeting my needs but am looking for some verification from some of the 'experts' before I possibly wander down a wrong path.

The application I've written (in PureBasic) needs to accomodate Rich Text input. I've written some routines in PureBasic that will accomodate the basics - font, color - but would like to provide a richer editing capability. Rather than continue to expand the capabilities of my program and end up writing a full fledged editor, I'd prefer to use the capabilities that exist in wordpad.

So I'd like to be able to have a user open a wordpad session from my program (which I can already do), use wordpad to edit/create a document, but when they're finished, send control back to my program so it can capture and save the output (in my database).

In effect I would like to control any file saving which occurs, but allow the user to use wordpad natively for their text editing.

In your opinion, will I be able to accomplish that somewhat seamlessly (from an end user view) in autoit? I just don't want to end up with something looking like a cumbersome and confusing add-on to my program.

Thanks for any assistance, advice or suggestions you may have.

cheers

im not that gurd.

but do you want the user of the wordpad to know that your program will be controling the save function

????

i think i might be able to help you

Budweiser + room = warm beerwarm beer + fridge = too long!warm beer + CO2 fire extinguisher = Perfect![quote]Protect the easly offended ... BAN EVERYTHING[/quote]^^ hmm works for me :D