Help with a project

Hello there,

I just started using the Autoit v3 a few days ago and got the idea to write my own script.

I understand a few of the functions, and I've been reading through help topics learning more as I go along...

The project that I'm looking at... Might not even be possible, I'm not sure. Any help on it would be splendid. Also. thanks in advance.

My goal: I would like to create a script for a full screen game that I play that will automate some tasks that are mind-numbing and very time consumming. Right now, it's a mining script basically... Something to tell my character to move left, drop a shovel, pick up the shovel, check and see if there is ore there, then drop a pick to mine the ore, and then continue to the next spot. Eventually, when it hits the end of a row, I would like it to attempt to recognize a certain area, (Maybe like... pixelchecksum or something to that effect) if it doesn't move, I'd like it to change direction and and continue. Once I am full of a certain type of Ore I would like it to go back to a bank and deposit the ore then loop through and continue again.

My problems: The game is comlete pixels, figuring out how to find the end of a row or to find out if an object is blocking the path... that is where I'm really having trouble.

My friends and I have been working on this bit of code, finding ways to improve it and make it run smoother, I'll include it as a starting point.

CODE
AutoItSetOption("SendKeyDelay", "10")

HotKeySet("{F1}", "Terminate")

HotKeySet("{HOME}", "mineup")

HotKeySet("{PGDN}", "mineright")

HotKeySet("{END}", "minedown")

HotKeySet("{DEL}", "mineleft")

HotKeySet("{INSERT}", "mine")

HotKeySet("{F2}", "depo")

HotKeySet("{F7}", "progcheck")

While 1

Sleep(100)

WEnd

Func Terminate()

Exit 0

EndFunc

Func mineup()

Send("{UP}{UP}", 0)

Sleep(30)

Send("{D}{a}{<}", 0)

EndFunc

Func mineright()

Send("{RIGHT}{RIGHT}", 0)

Sleep(30)

Send("{D}{a}{<}", 0)

EndFunc

Func minedown()

Send("{DOWN}{DOWN}", 0)

Sleep(30)

Send("{D}{a}{<}", 0)

EndFunc

Func mineleft()

Send("{LEFT}{LEFT}", 0)

Sleep(30)

Send("{D}{a}{<}", 0)

EndFunc

Func mine()

Send("{ENTER}{D}{b}{<}{D}{a}{<}", 0)

EndFunc

Func depo()

Send("{'}I will deposit all Ore [poor]{Enter}", 0)

Sleep(1000)

Send("{'}I will deposit all Ore [med]{Enter}", 0)

Sleep(1000)

Send("{'}I will deposit all Ore [high]{Enter}", 0)

Sleep(1000)

Send("{'}I will deposit all Ore [very high]{Enter}", 0)

EndFunc

Func progcheck()

Send("{'}How many Ore [poor] have I deposited?{Enter}", 0)

Sleep(1000)

Send("{'}How many Ore [med] have I deposited?{Enter}", 0)

Sleep(1000)

Send("{'}How many Ore [high] have I deposited?{Enter}", 0)

Sleep(1000)

Send("{'}How many Ore [very high] have I deposited?{Enter}", 0)

EndFunc

It's alot, I know, but it sounds like a fun task that I want to work on... Something to learn more about scripts and maybe improve my skills. Any help would be nice, although, I'm not asking for someone to write a script... As that kinda defeats the purpose of my learning. But arrows in the right direction, or maybe someone who can work with me through email and we can discuss it as I go along. Again, I thank you!

Cal

You need to read up on the Send() Function a little bit more.

Send("{A}") will not work you only need {} for special keys

Send("a") is probably what you want to use some things are picky about whether or not its a capital

Send("a") lowercase

Send("A") uppercase

and you don't need to write, Send("a", 0) because 0 is default all you need is Send("a")

and the 0 after exit is not necessary neither of the 0 you used are wrong they wont effect your script in any negative way but they are not needed.

You need to read up on the Send() Function a little bit more.

Send("{A}") will not work you only need {} for special keys

Send("a") is probably what you want to use some things are picky about whether or not its a capital

Send("a") lowercase

Send("A") uppercase

and you don't need to write, Send("a", 0) because 0 is default all you need is Send("a")

and the 0 after exit is not necessary neither of the 0 you used are wrong they wont effect your script in any negative way but they are not needed.

The code that I currently have works fine... It does exactly what I want it to. I just want to basically make a same code, along the same lines, but instead of the hotkey inputs, have it be automated... Thank you though for the tips on Send(), I'll be sure to read a little more.

Oh, and yes, I did want a capitol A, objects are listed as a-z, A-Z giving the option of 52 instead of 26. Thanks though!