Send() to window while computer locked

jimk

Hi,

I'm writing my first script and I was doing pretty good until now. Basically I want to send commands to a window only when the computer is locked.

I can send the commands easy enough when the computer is not locked:

CODE
WinActivate("[REGEXPTITLE:.*IBM\sLotus\sNotes]")

WinWaitActive("[REGEXPTITLE:.*IBM\sLotus\sNotes]", "", 3)

Send("!fM" & $myStatus)

I have to assume its not working because it can't activate the window when the screen is locked. So I tried sending the commands without activating the window, using several different combinations of controlsend and controlsendplus. Like:

CODE
$handle = WinGetHandle("[REGEXPTITLE:.*IBM\sLotus\sNotes]")

ControlSend($handle, "", "", "!fMv")

However, no matter what I've tried, the controlsends only successfully sends the command when the window is already active. Almost as though I'm not addressing the window correctly.

I'd really appreciate some help with my ultimate goal of sending command to a window while locked. But if someone knows what I'm doing wrong with the controlsend, that would help me at least see if it will work.

Thanks!

Not a dumb question, a dumb answer though... I want my instant messenger client to remain active when my computer is locked.

The info tool doesn't find a control ID for the menu bar (a common issue from what I hear).

I've found controlsend doesn't necessarily need a control id, but it does have some issues. Which is why I tried controlsendplus, which I've heard can sometimes help. But it has the same effect as controlsend.

I've also tried, I forget what it's called already, the menu interaction ability of autoit. But the program I'm trying to interact with doesn't seem to be compatible.