printing using UDF and a dll

martin

Hello Martin,

I'll check what gets downloaded because it looks like I've messed up somewhere. EDIT Yes. I have changed the download to correct the fact that the UDF was an old version and had various things missing. I can't edit my old posts for some reason so get the corrected version from here.

Or get the udf here (will be removed from this post once I can change the first post OK)

Thank you very much for your help. I will test it and let you know.

EDIT: Sorry, in the ZIP file there is still the old version of the UDF ...

Best regards

TheDude

Edited by TheDude69

Hello Martin,

the UDF you have linked in your post is working fine. Could you please update the ZIP file on your homepage, too?

Many thanks in advance,

best regards

TheDude

I'm glad it works now.

If you mean the first post in this thread when you say homepage then I am unable to edit it but I don't know why.

The link in the first post needs to be changed to this.

Serial port communications UDF Includes functions for binary transmission and reception.printing UDF Useful for graphs, forms, labels, reports etc.Add User Call Tips to SciTE for functions in UDFs not included with AutoIt and for your own scripts.Functions with parameters in OnEvent mode and for Hot Keys One function replaces GuiSetOnEvent, GuiCtrlSetOnEvent and HotKeySet.UDF IsConnected2 for notification of status of connected state of many urls or IPs, without slowing the script.

Can change the paper size before printing it? Rather than manually select the printer and paper size!

sorry my bad English

I'm afraid I haven't included anything to let you set the paper size. I might do that but not for a while, maybe next year.

Serial port communications UDF Includes functions for binary transmission and reception.printing UDF Useful for graphs, forms, labels, reports etc.Add User Call Tips to SciTE for functions in UDFs not included with AutoIt and for your own scripts.Functions with parameters in OnEvent mode and for Hot Keys One function replaces GuiSetOnEvent, GuiCtrlSetOnEvent and HotKeySet.UDF IsConnected2 for notification of status of connected state of many urls or IPs, without slowing the script.

Try it from another web browser: Opera/FireFox/Crome/IE.

There is maybe some bug which is only in some browsers.

You're right Zedna; with IE it works ok. Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

printer UDF download link broken...??

Looks like it is; the url has mysteriously vanished from the first post. I think it's fixed now..

Edited by martin

• 3 weeks later...

Tried running the UDF but it just crashes with this error

!>09:06:32 AutoIT3.exe ended.rc:-1073741819

I cannot make any sensible suggestion without more information.

Which function was being called when it crashed?

Please tell me your OS, the version of AutoIt, and the script you were running, or an example of a script which causes the problem.

If your script crashed then I would have expected some other error message.

• 1 month later...

Sorry Martin,

Still running into a issue running this.

All I'm doing is running your example script and doing a test print to a printer.

Windows XP PRO , Autoit 3.3.6.1 , Printers a Lexmark x364 , Also tried same thing on 5 other different printers no go..

I just get a AutoitCrash

!>09:11:04 AutoIT3.exe ended.rc:-1073741819

>Exit code: -1073741819 Time: 22.691

Thanks Again,

Sorry Martin,

Still running into a issue running this.

All I'm doing is running your example script and doing a test print to a printer.

Windows XP PRO , Autoit 3.3.6.1 , Printers a Lexmark x364 , Also tried same thing on 5 other different printers no go..

I just get a AutoitCrash

!>09:11:04 AutoIT3.exe ended.rc:-1073741819

>Exit code: -1073741819 Time: 22.691

Thanks Again,

Are you using 64bit for AutoIt? If so it would explain your problem because the dll is 32bit.

Is the dll in the same folder as the script, or have you set the path to the dll?

Otherwise you need to give me a isimple example of something which fails.

No I am using 32bit, I'm just extracting the dll etc to the desktop and running the script.

Script runs

then a printer properties window comes up. I select either a pdf print driver or Network printer and hit print..

Then it shows me that it crashed..

I have so many things I want to use this udf with I really want it to work...

No I am using 32bit, I'm just extracting the dll etc to the desktop and running the script.

Script runs

then a printer properties window comes up. I select either a pdf print driver or Network printer and hit print..

Then it shows me that it crashed..

I have so many things I want to use this udf with I really want it to work...

Then I need to have a simple example from you of something that fails. If you don't want to show it here you can PM me.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Martin,..

Firstly i need to thank the "insert swear-words here" out of you, this was exactly what i was looking for. If i were a rich man i would've paid you for this UDF.

If i may make a request, could you please add a feature to send the output to the print preview first.

Again, bloody nice UDF.

Take it from this Quadriplegic, life is beautiful. Don't know what a quadriplegic is? Check out my short bio.Starting an online business.

Hey Martin,..

Firstly i need to thank the "insert swear-words here" out of you, this was exactly what i was looking for. If i were a rich man i would've paid you for this UDF.

If i may make a request, could you please add a feature to send the output to the print preview first.

Again, bloody nice UDF.

On second thought scratch that request, printing to the preview may involve too many coding, especially since there is an easier solution: Just use and print to PDFCreator.

Martin, again man, great UDF. You saved my behind.

Take it from this Quadriplegic, life is beautiful. Don't know what a quadriplegic is? Check out my short bio.Starting an online business.

I've created a script that will take a selected JPG file and print it. If the image is smaller than the page it just prints it, but if it's larger, I rescale it to fit. I need to know the page height BEFORE I decide if I have to print landscape.

The problem is that the function requires the commands in this order:

_PrintPageOrientation()

_PrintStartPrint()

_PrintGetpageheight()

Which is the exact opposite of what I have to do. How can I get the page size before I set the orientation?

I think, you don't need the paer size to determine the orientation. landscape should always be the setting where the width is larger than the height.

So you just have to determine whether you image is wider then high and choose landscape according to this. Who cares whether images that are small enough are printed in landscape or portrait.

*GERMAN* [note: you are not allowed to remove author / modified info from my UDFs]My UDFs:[_SetImageBinaryToCtrl] [_TaskDialog] [AutoItObject] [Animated GIF (GDI+)] [ClipPut for Image] [FreeImage] [GDI32 UDFs] [GDIPlus Progressbar] [Hotkey-Selector] [Multiline Inputbox] [MySQL without ODBC] [RichEdit UDFs] [SpeechAPI Example] [WinHTTP]UDFs included in AutoIt: FTP_Ex (as FTPEx), _WinAPI_SetLayeredWindowAttributes