Difference _IECreate and _IECreateEmbedded

Hi,

first of all - don't tell me, that there is no difference between this two functions, except the second can be embedded into a autoit gui. If found two important differences:

1. Pages with Javascript Code inside and Javascript supported links will not work! (in embedded mode)

2. Pages, which need authentication (username and password) will not work! (in embedded mode)

So my question - Is there a workaround or is there no possibility to use the same features with both functions?

Thanks a lot

Micha.

Hi,

first of all - don't tell me, that there is no difference between this two functions, except the second can be embedded into a autoit gui. If found two important differences:

1. Pages with Javascript Code inside and Javascript supported links will not work! (in embedded mode)

2. Pages, which need authentication (username and password) will not work! (in embedded mode)

So my question - Is there a workaround or is there no possibility to use the same features with both functions?

Thanks a lot

Micha.

First, of course, there are the things Dale already said don't work:

Remarks

No actions can be performed on this object until it has been embedded into a parent application (e.g. you cannot perform an _IENavigate).

There are several properties related to an InternetExplorer object (e.g. returned by _IECreate) that do not apply to this object. These include status text, addressbar and others that may exist for a browser, but do not exist for an embedded control.

_IEQuit cannot be used with this object. The object will be destroyed when its parent GUI is destroyed.

For more specific help, you'll have to provide an example. Code and post a 'reproducer', a short, executable demo that shows your symptoms.

:)

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law