v3.0.103 Unstable - Reloaded

Jon

• Administrators

Jon, I'm sure you were just waiting on somebody to ask this...

How about setting up events for the built-in events like closing and minimizing?  GuiSetOnEvent($GUI_EVENT_ID, "function"), perhaps?

:)

Yeah, OK. Damn, I forget where I am up to now. :)

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators

Here's what I was thinking in more detail ... Tray Icon Interface

:)

You could do most of this in the unstable just before I added the multgui support and had to remove it all. I'm thinking that we should just set up a single GUI-controlled tray menu which is seperate from the windows.

You could do most of this in the unstable just before I added the multgui support and had to remove it all.  I'm thinking that we should just set up a single GUI-controlled tray menu which is seperate from the windows.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

By "single GUI-controllled tray menu" .. do you mean that if I have two different scripts running then there will be only one tray menu for both? Or will each script have it's own menu?

If there's room to vote, then I'd go with a distinct menu per script instance

(which is modifiable at runtime .. etc :) )

.. if possible please.

• Administrators

By "single GUI-controllled tray menu" .. do you mean that if I have two different scripts running then there will be only one tray menu for both? Or will each script have it's own menu?

If there's room to vote, then I'd go with a distinct menu per script instance

(which is modifiable at runtime .. etc  :) )

.. if possible please.

One per AutoIt script.

• Administrators

Anybody have any good info on learning c++? I asked Larry, but we must not be on speaking terms :)

No idea really. I learnt it ages ago, and then again recently when I bought a C++ for dummies book. I think Valik learned it from scratch recently and mentioned a good book he had.

I learned it by reading "The C++ Programming Language: Special Edition" by Bjarne Stroustrup (The author of C++, as well). I don't know if I'd recommend it for a starter book unless you have some experience with C. Its a bit much. It can be very technical.

Mindview has two really good books by Bruce Eckel on C++. I've read both of those. They are free to download. Thinking in C++ Volume 1 & 2 are the names.

CodeProject is a good site for finding all kinds of examples of stuff, although a lot of what is there is MFC-oriented.

Those are the primary resources I learned C++ from with no prior programming experience.

@Jon: In your lovely spare time have you or anybody submitted to you a way of getting the text from a slected treeview item?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Maybe you missed this jon or maybe you just stopped caring but is this possible? :)

red

Only so much coding I can do in a day, Red. :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Sorry didn't mean it like that...I just didn't know if it was on your to do list. I asked the question a few weeks ago and didn't get an answer and then I asked again and I saw you posted something else so I thought you just missed it. :">

Thanks for all the work...

red

• Administrators

Updated with DllCall.

Slightly changed the order of the parameters in DllCall from the version released yesterday, it now is:

DllCall("dll", "return type", "functionname", "type1", param1 ....)

What about putting all the GUI functionality into a DLL to reduce the size of AutoIt? Add #include <GUI> at the top of your code to use the GUI commands. The GUI.au3 file would have UDF's that just call the DLLCall functions are process any return values.

Several big sections that do not get called by that many people could use this strategy to reduce the size and complexity of AutoIt.

Edited by Nutster

David Nuttall
Nuttall Computer Consulting

An Aquarius born during the Age of Aquarius

AutoIt allows me to re-invent the wheel so much faster.

I'm off to write a wizard, a wonderful wizard of odd...

• Administrators

What about putting all the GUI functionality into a DLL  to reduce the size of AutoIt?  Add #include <GUI> at the top of your code to use the GUI commands.  The GUI.au3 file would have UDF's that just call the DLLCall functions are process any return values.

Several big sections that do not get called by that many people could use this strategy to reduce the size and complexity of AutoIt.

The GUI is heavily intertwined with AutoIt and the message pump. No dice. And it would make script compiling reliant on a fileinstall.

• Administrators

Updated:

Tweaked the lexer so that the token used is smaller (not using a variant anymore) and also a "cache" of 256 lexed lines are stored - so in loops that fit in the cache each line does not have to be lexed again and again. This seems to have increased performance by about 20% for minimal coding effort :) I had to tweak a lot of code so please check for bugs (and timings to see if it is a worthwhile addition or not).