Button Listener?

Does AutoIt have a Button Listener? I'm trying to make a script that will listen to and record in a text file, what buttons, the user is pressing. I need to be able to determine how long it is being pressed for, how many buttons are being pressed, etc. Is this possible with the current version of AutoIt?

Thanks,

Scott

Edited by spierce7

Does AutoIt have a Button Listener? I'm trying to make a script that will listen to and record in a text file, what buttons, the user is pressing. I need to be able to determine how long it is being pressed for, how many buttons are being pressed, etc. Is this possible with the current version of AutoIt?

Thanks,

Scott

Sounds like you're talking about a Keylogger, and we don't support/condone/endorse/like/help with those

http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.ph...te=%2Bkeylogger

Sounds like you're talking about a Keylogger, and we don't support/condone/endorse/like/help with those

http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.ph...te=%2Bkeylogger

No, haha. Actually what I'm trying to do is make a leveling bot for a video game :-P Basically, the location of the monsters for the person to kill constantly changes, and is different depending on what type of character/level of character you have. As such, I'm trying to give the user an easier way of actually plugging in attack sequences, or getting the desired character to different locations (Big one. It wouldn't be that difficult for a user to plug in attack sequences, but for a user to type in the sequence and time to hold what keys down and when to change to move from way point to way point would be utterly ridiculous, even for those who know how to code autoit). Anyways, I suppose its possible to not include the feature, but not having the feature would reduce the ability for the user to actually make the bot look like a human controlling the character. Either way, is there any way to do what I'm attempting using autoit?

I was thinking I could use the autoit hotkey ability and kinda throw something together, but then I can't really think of how I could get it to measure the time between each key press/mouse click, or how long a button has been pressed down. Using this method I'm sure I could make a more than usable key logger using autoit, but I have no idea why I would make a key logger, since there are already so many in existance. Either way, I assure you I'm not making a key logger. All I want to do is make a user friendly bot that my friends and I can use to level some other characters. Any help in the right direction is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

All the help you'll probly get is, Helpfile. It has everything you need.

Hmmm, See I've been using autoit for years and can't seem to remember ANYTHING that would help me really do this. I just took another sweep through the helpfile functions, and saw nothing that would really help me except possibly ObjEvent, which in all honesty, I have no clue what does. I've tried a few searches also without much luck. Could you at least give me a nudge in the right direction? lol. Thanks

Found what you were referencing. Much appreciated. Also checked out that macro gaming thing. looks like I can maybe use that should my idea not work. Much appreciated, thanks very much.

Edited by spierce7