.lnk argument

t0ddie

i used to know all the arguments fo shortcuts, but i forgot them, and now heh.....

well, i have an application that i renamed to 1.exe

in the task bar, it is 1.exe

yet, it still comes up in the window title as the original program name

makes it hard to check individual open windows of different circumstances of the same application if they all have the same window title.

so, i worked a way around this.

by making copies of the application, renaming them as needed.. (1,2,3...so on)

making shortcuts to each application, and adding an argument to the target to change the name of the window.

i figured this would be a good idea if anyone has had this problem, and so i posted it.

problem is, i forgot the -argument

anybody know?

Valik Note Added 19 October 2006 - 08:38 AMAdded to warn level I just plain don't like you.

no. its a chat client.

and i have 5 screennames open at the same time

but all the window titles are "y!mlite"

i want to have them be 1,2,3,4 and 5.

you can do this like i mentioned previously, you just need to add an argument to the target in a shortcuts(.lnk) properties.

for example. if you have an application such as a video game, and it takes up the whole screen... you can add this to the end of the .lnk target in properties. -w

that will open the program in window mode. so you dont have to alt-tab your way back to the desktop.

-ns will give it no sound...

i need the argument for setting the window title.

Valik Note Added 19 October 2006 - 08:38 AMAdded to warn level I just plain don't like you.

well, i used to be able to do it, but it was launched through an .mpq file or something.. yeah thats right. i changed the name of the .mpq and it would be the window title.

ok.. this works

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AutoItSetOption("WinTitleMatchMode",2)

WinSetTitle("Y!mLite - toddie_s You Are In: Programming:1","", "1")

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

but this doesnt

AutoItSetOption("WinTitleMatchMode",2)

WinSetTitle("Y!mLite","", "1")

i thought that wintitlematchmode 2 would make that work....

whats wrong?

Edited by t0ddie

well, i got this to work

$title = WinGetTitle("Y!mLite", "")

if StringInStr($title,"That room is full.",)then

MsgBox(0, "full","room full")

endif

WinSetTitle($title,"", "1")

but the proram automatically changes the window title back to its original title after just a couple of seconds.

shold be long enough to do what i want though. thanks.