Step By Stpe or Debug

So impressed by this FREE software...

May i ask if there is any function can allow me to run the script line by line, like VB pressing F8...

Since when i test the scripts, always stucked in the middle, but i don't know where...it's keep waiting..

Many tks!

On top of your script:

Opt("TrayIconDebug", 1)

I don't know about executing the lines 1 by 1 but in SciTE you have a couple of options: Tools menu

- Debug to Messagebox

- Debug to console

- Trace: Add trace lines

... just take a look there

SNMP_UDF ... for SNMPv1 and v2c so far, GetBulk and a new example script

wannabe "Unbeatable" Tic-Tac-Toe

Paper-Scissor-Rock ... try to beat it anyway :)

So impressed by this FREE software...

May i ask if there is any function can allow me to run the script line by line, like VB pressing F8...

Since when i test the scripts, always stucked in the middle, but i don't know where...it's keep waiting..

Many tks!

I learned AutoIt before I learned VB and what I find easiest is putting message boxes in where I think the error might be. If you use scite it's very nice and gives you the error in the console (it shows the line of script and what part has an error), then you can double click the error message and it will go straight to the error. I put the message boxes in to test what my variables are 'cause most of the time I have some variable that's not what it's supposed to be and that becomes clear when the message box comes up.
My Programs[list][*]Knight Media Player[*]Multiple Desktops[*]Daily Comics[*]Journal[/list]

I learned AutoIt before I learned VB and what I find easiest is putting message boxes in where I think the error might be. If you use scite it's very nice and gives you the error in the console (it shows the line of script and what part has an error), then you can double click the error message and it will go straight to the error. I put the message boxes in to test what my variables are 'cause most of the time I have some variable that's not what it's supposed to be and that becomes clear when the message box comes up.

haha, i just did the msgbox thing....

but the problem i'm facing now is the script is waiting eg: Winwaitactive...so there won't be an error msg...

haha, i just did the msgbox thing....

but the problem i'm facing now is the script is waiting eg: Winwaitactive...so there won't be an error msg...

Hmm, I know this doesn't answer your question about debugging, but could you post some of the code? Someone here can probably help...

If the problem is actually WinWaitActive make sure you have the exact window name. Look in the helpfile for WinTitleMatchMode, this can let you match titles differently.

For example, if you had it on

Opt("WinTitleMatchMode", 2);(you put that line at the beginning of your code)

And you had a line like this:

WinWaitActive('Firefox')

It would wait until "Firefox" was anywhere in the title..

My Programs[list][*]Knight Media Player[*]Multiple Desktops[*]Daily Comics[*]Journal[/list]

You could also give this a try:

Debugger

“Give a man a script; you have helped him for today. Teach a man to script; and you will not have to hear him whine for help.”AutoIt4UE - Custom AutoIt toolbar and wordfile for UltraEdit/UEStudio users.AutoIt Graphical Debugger - A graphical debugger for AutoIt.SimMetrics COM Wrapper - Calculate string similarity.