Version 3.2.2 compiler was better

Why doesn't the new version give you the same options to compile the .au3 to exe? The sizes are a lot larger now when done compiling. I unable to choose a different icon to help distinguish the exes from one to another. I hope that you put this option back in.

Also now some of my simple automatic installs of applications like ccleaner are being tagged as a virus since I had upgraded and worked with the new version.

• Developers

Why doesn't the new version give you the same options to compile the .au3 to exe? The sizes are a lot larger now when done compiling. I unable to choose a different icon to help distinguish the exes from one to another. I hope that you put this option back in.

Also now some of my simple automatic installs of applications like ccleaner are being tagged as a virus since I had upgraded and worked with the new version.

answers:

1. Its bigger because its better. (more functionality)

2. You can still change the Ico ... this never changed

3. Inform CCleaner about a false positive.

:)

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

• Developers

You used to be able to make these changes through the GUI interface instead of changing the .ini file and then recompiling it. Unless I am missing something.

you still can change the ICO with the GUI when you run aut2exe .

-or-

are you talking about "Compile with Options" ?

If so than download the latest SciTE4AutoIt3 which has the GUI frontend again ...

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

My bad. It used to be in the right-click menu when you would select an .au3 file to compile. I guess after the new install it was removed. I only get the options Compile Script and Compile using AutoIt3Wrapper. The choice is no longer in the menu bar under Tools. it used to have an option of Compile with options.

I tried it through Start--> Programs-->Autoit v3-->Compile Script to .exe and there it was.

THX