AVG can suck an apple

This really pisses me off, its gonna be a strain to keep it rated G >;(

AVG is my antivirus. It has been for years.

Last night, it updated, as it often does.

Now every single script i compile is coming up with this Worm.Autoit.AD thing.

How do i run my programs?!?

Its a false positive. Courtesy of the losers who have to amuse themselves by writing viruses, malware, and pranks with autoit, anti-virus programs tend to mark all autoit-created .exes as a malware programs.

Try contacting them with the information about the false positive and an example script source proving that you are not actually compiling malware.

What Virus Database Version have you got? I have 269.11.19.953 released 14th August 2007 but no problems. It is due to be updated tonight.:)

Also, what version of AutoIt are you using and is the compilation for Beta or production?

Serial port communications UDF Includes functions for binary transmission and reception.printing UDF Useful for graphs, forms, labels, reports etc.Add User Call Tips to SciTE for functions in UDFs not included with AutoIt and for your own scripts.Functions with parameters in OnEvent mode and for Hot Keys One function replaces GuiSetOnEvent, GuiCtrlSetOnEvent and HotKeySet.UDF IsConnected2 for notification of status of connected state of many urls or IPs, without slowing the script.

Try NOD32, it beats everyone else in my opinion, hands down.

or kaspersky, it has never caused me a problem, and if it does you can disable alerts for the files you want

Edited by Gif

I contacted AVG earlier this morning (approx. 08:40:00 AM CST). We'll see what they do. Has anyone else contacted them (or at least tried as I have)?

Did you have a problem with AVG then? If so, what version is the virus database?

Serial port communications UDF Includes functions for binary transmission and reception.printing UDF Useful for graphs, forms, labels, reports etc.Add User Call Tips to SciTE for functions in UDFs not included with AutoIt and for your own scripts.Functions with parameters in OnEvent mode and for Hot Keys One function replaces GuiSetOnEvent, GuiCtrlSetOnEvent and HotKeySet.UDF IsConnected2 for notification of status of connected state of many urls or IPs, without slowing the script.

Did you read this sticky post?

Simple solution: Just disable AVG for the time till the next corrected AVG virus database (update) will be released.

Did you have a problem with AVG then? If so, what version is the virus database?

Any of my exe's produced with AU 3.2.4.9 no longer have the autoit icon next to them and give me various errors when running them (which they don't run). There is a warning msg from AVG saying they are worms every time I go into a folder with my AU3 exe's.

AVG 7.5.0.476

Virus Base: 269.11.19/953

Release Date: 08/14/2007/5:19 PM

A decision is a powerful thing

The new update from AVG did it!!!

Update now :)

Virus Base: 269.11.19.955

Release Date: 08/15/2007 4:55 PM

You mean, do you, that the database 269.11.19.955 no longer thinks compiled AutoIt scripts are vituses?

The latest appears to be 965.

Edited by martin

I have UPX compression turned off by default. Back when I used to make game bots (shudder) I got very close to being banned, because the virus scan returned the false positives.

[center]"Yes, [our app] runs on Windows as well as Linux, but if you had a Picasso painting, would you put it in the bathroom?" -BitchX.com (IRC client)"I would change the world, but they won't give me the source code." -Unknownsite . blog . portfolio . claimidcode.is.poetry();[/center]

Ok, i understood everything up until the UPX stuff...

Thats.... The compressor in the compiler? Im not really understanding how i would change or disable somthing like that....

The new AVG updates are working for me now... I did end up sending them a message along with a few other people, so thats a good thing. If somone wanted to explain the UPX thing a bit more, and how i might switch it so i no longer have problems, that would be cool

Ok, i understood everything up until the UPX stuff...

Thats.... The compressor in the compiler? Im not really understanding how i would change or disable somthing like that....

The new AVG updates are working for me now... I did end up sending them a message along with a few other people, so thats a good thing. If somone wanted to explain the UPX thing a bit more, and how i might switch it so i no longer have problems, that would be cool

Add at begining of your script:

#AutoIt3Wrapper_UseUpx=N                          ;(Y/N) Compress output program. Default=Y

Also look at other directives here

Yes, what Zedna said, or go to Start > Programs > AutoIt v3 and open Compile Script to .exe. It's pretty much self-explanatory from there, under the Compression menu make sure that "Compress UPX exe stub" is unchecked.

UPX is a great compression method for compiled AutoIt scripts, but unfortunately it has gotten a bad name as "the hacker's compression method", since many of them use it on their files which will make them much smaller. That's why it's detecting a virus, because other people have given us a bad name.

[center]"Yes, [our app] runs on Windows as well as Linux, but if you had a Picasso painting, would you put it in the bathroom?" -BitchX.com (IRC client)"I would change the world, but they won't give me the source code." -Unknownsite . blog . portfolio . claimidcode.is.poetry();[/center]