PixelSearch Type Help

Unfortunately I don't think there is a solid way to search for text through DirectX rendering. Anyway, most MMOs have protection from things like that, just in case someone figures out how to search for text. You're best off searching for a specific color that is only contained in the text, which may be a problem unfortunately, as I know personally that Guild Wars is a very "colorful" game.

[center]"Yes, [our app] runs on Windows as well as Linux, but if you had a Picasso painting, would you put it in the bathroom?" -BitchX.com (IRC client)"I would change the world, but they won't give me the source code." -Unknownsite . blog . portfolio . claimidcode.is.poetry();[/center]

Thanks for the reply bertha, Guildwars as of now has no gameguard or any other means of regulating bots other than compressing and encoding all files into a file .dat file.

Its been years since i've used it... and i hate to even say the "a" word but, actools has a function i believe, not sure seeing's how its been about 3 years since i've used it but i seem to remember there being a function for image capture.. searches it for text, then reporting back to the client what coord's it was and runs with it. Would be nice for someone to make a plugin to do that =]

Well we did recently have a community member that wrote an OCR (Optical Character Recognition, aka reading text from pictures) function for AutoIt, but I don't think it's very stable yet. And that would require constantly taking screenshots and reading them with OCR, which would probably slow everything down.

If you're interested, just search Example Scripts for "OCR"... it'll probably be close to the top.

Heh.... he called me Bertha.

Edited by sandman

[center]"Yes, [our app] runs on Windows as well as Linux, but if you had a Picasso painting, would you put it in the bathroom?" -BitchX.com (IRC client)"I would change the world, but they won't give me the source code." -Unknownsite . blog . portfolio . claimidcode.is.poetry();[/center]