anti virusing autoit

MY VIRUS DETECTION SOFTWARE (AVG) IS NOW DETECTING VIRUSES IN MY AUTO IT PROGRAMS CALLED " WORM/AUTOIT.AD "

IS THIS PART OF AUTOIT OR IS THIS A VIRUS ALL MY PROGRAMS NOW HAVE???

I'M ROYALLY SCREWED IF AUTOIT PROGRAMS ARE NOW DETECTED AS A "VIRUS"

Edited by SleepyXtreme

ummm no, i know how to read:

"Now I am sure you are wanting to know what you can do to get back up and running without being recognized as a virus. You have to send in a report to the offending AV company alerting them to the false positive they have made. It never hurts to send in your source code along with a compiled exe, to help them realize their mistake."

Like 30 of my files are detected under the virus scanner. Therefore, I do not know which to single out to send to them.

and i did do research and read that post before i posted.

• Developers

ummm no, i know how to read:

"Now I am sure you are wanting to know what you can do to get back up and running without being recognized as a virus. You have to send in a report to the offending AV company alerting them to the false positive they have made. It never hurts to send in your source code along with a compiled exe, to help them realize their mistake."

Like 30 of my files are detected under the virus scanner. Therefore, I do not know which to single out to send to them.

and i did do research and read that post before i posted.

So to sum it up ....

You read all the info on false positives, but because suddenly 30 files were deleted its a Bug in autoit3 despite all you read about it ...

mmmm does that make any sense to you ?

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

MY VIRUS DETECTION SOFTWARE (AVG) IS NOW DETECTING VIRUSES IN MY AUTO IT PROGRAMS CALLED " WORM/AUTOIT.AD "

IS THIS PART OF AUTOIT OR IS THIS A VIRUS ALL MY PROGRAMS NOW HAVE???

I'M ROYALLY SCREWED IF AUTOIT PROGRAMS ARE NOW DETECTED AS A "VIRUS"

OMG SHUT DOWN YOUR COMPUTER AND THROW IT OUT THE WINDOW!!

IT COULD CATCH FIRE!!!

• Moderators

Based on the topics he/she has written in or started lately... I wouldn't doubt that 90% of his files really do include viruses (from fileinstalls of the hiding process syndrome)

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

all my scripts have different includes, they're random scripts compiled from random testing.

and the point is that idc about MY virus scanning programs, but if i distribute my program, i don't want it setting off other's.

and there must be a way to edit something to take out the section that's setting off the false possitive, no?

also, i have about 7 virus scanners/spyware/whatever running simultaneously because i uninstalled avg free to install avg pro, and it wreaked havoc on my computer and let every single virus in it's vault release, like in ghostbusters when they turned off the ghost trapper machine thingy.

and technically, it kinda is a bug ( it's a problem that needs fixing somehow).

Conclusion, how can i fix this, and if i send all of my source codes with the .exe's to avg, what really are the chances they fix it?

7 virus scanners/spyware/whatever

Listen to what everyone is saying... Report what is being stated as a virus, to the anti-virus program you are running. False positives are just that.. We cannot do dick to stop a piece of shit anti-virus from saying this is a virus when it is not. Basically report it to the maker of the program that is saying it is this or that... Autoit is autoit, and we cannot be help responsible for false accusations. Get off your ass and take care of the problem... Everyone has said far above and beyond enough for you to get the information.. Study up before you make another dumb post like this...

It's false positives.. as everyone else has said. Unless I am mistaken I believe you can avoid it by turning off UPX compression in the Aut2EXE program.

[center]"Yes, [our app] runs on Windows as well as Linux, but if you had a Picasso painting, would you put it in the bathroom?" -BitchX.com (IRC client)"I would change the world, but they won't give me the source code." -Unknownsite . blog . portfolio . claimidcode.is.poetry();[/center]

To put this in the simplest terms I can, your scripts are not viruses, there are bad people who write viruses in AutoIt. Every AutoIt exe looks exactly the same to the scanner. You might want to update your scanner because I'm sure a lot of people here submit "false positive" reports to their antivirus program's companies when such an events happens.

sandman's answer is what i've been looking for if it works.

THank you sandman for actually reading and understanding my problem unlike everyone else.

I will submit my code to avg but i highly doubt they'll do anything b/c they're a big corp and i'm a nobody with a small problem with a free version. (a lot of ppl use avg free)

sandman's answer is what i've been looking for if it works.

THank you sandman for actually reading and understanding my problem unlike everyone else.

I will submit my code to avg but i highly doubt they'll do anything b/c they're a big corp and i'm a nobody with a small problem with a free version. (a lot of ppl use avg free)

Also look here

Would a MOD please move this topic to support.

@SleepyXtreme, you would be supprised what can happen by a simple report to companies like AVG. They are not so big as to ignore false positive reports.

SciTE for AutoItDirections for Submitting Standard UDFs

Don't argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell the difference.