OnEventMode and EventIDs

I have a script that I've been trying to figure out, but everything I've read while searching points to "it's not possible".

I have 8 different GUIs to log events on. I need to be able to get all user actions such as:

EVENT_CLOSE

EVENT_MINIMIZE

EVENT_RESTORE

EVENT_MAXIMIZE

EVENT_PRIMARYDOWN

EVENT_PRIMARYUP

Basically, if the user did anything I need to be able to pieces their actions together by reading the log. I'd like the log function to remain without parameters as well.

What I have of the function so far is below and is still a work in progress.

Func _Log()
    Local $File
    Local $Log = @ScriptDir & '\Log.txt'

Local $aResult = DllCall("user32.dll", "int", "GetClassNameA", "hwnd", GUICtrlGetHandle(@GUI_CtrlId), "str", "", "int", 256)
    $s_ClassName = $aResult[2]

$File = FileOpen($Log,1)
    FileWrite($File,_Now() & ' GUI:' & @GUI_WinHandle & ' Event ID:' & '' & ' Control: ' & $s_ClassName & ' Text/State on/of Control: ' & GUICtrlRead(@GUI_CtrlId) & @CRLF)
    FileClose($File)
EndFunc

As you can see I need to get a "ID" for the GUI. Each of my GUIs are titled the same and this needs to stay this way. Would it be "bad" to have a hidden label on each GUI to identify it?

INI TreeViewA bus station is where a bus stops, a train station is where a train stops. Onmy desk I have a work station...

As you can see I need to get a "ID" for the GUI. Each of my GUIs are titled the same and this needs to stay this way. Would it be "bad" to have a hidden label on each GUI to identify it?

To match on Title/Text, the text has to be visible.

A hidden control could work with GuiCtrlRead().

When you create the GUIs you could just save the handle and use that.

You could also use Opt("WinTitleMatchMode", 4) and go with instance, like: "[TITLE:Your Window Title;INSTANCE:2]".

Handles are the most reliable, regardless.

:)

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law