control id class instance text

is there a way WITHOUT using autoit window info program that i can get the control id class instance and text under the mouse position through an autoit program maybe using a dll?

Edited by EagleClaw

[quote name='PsaltyDS' post='635433' date='Jan 27 2009, 07:04 AM']Larry is a mass murderer?! It's always the quiet, clean cut, bald guys... [/quote]

• Moderators

is there a way WITHOUT using autoit window info program that i can get the control id class instance and text under the mouse position through an autoit program maybe using a dll?

MouseGetPos

WindowsFromPoint

ControlGetHandle

GetClass

?

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

MouseGetPos

WindowsFromPoint

ControlGetHandle

GetClass

?

not exactly but i figured out how im going to do it on my own thanks anyway

oh and perhaps you know how to delete a line from a file?

[quote name='PsaltyDS' post='635433' date='Jan 27 2009, 07:04 AM']Larry is a mass murderer?! It's always the quiet, clean cut, bald guys... [/quote]

• Moderators

not exactly but i figured out how im going to do it on my own thanks anyway

oh and perhaps you know how to delete a line from a file?

RTFM comes to mind... maybe read it under File funcs.

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

I am also trying to figure out howto get the "Class" and "Instance" of a control. I need to basicly get the same results as ControlGetFocus Returns.

Edit2

MouseGetPos

WindowsFromPoint

ControlGetHandle

GetClass

?

GUICtrlGetHandle returns the HWND of a control not Class or Instance. MouseGetPos only returns CoOrds. I am unfamiliar with GetClass or WindowsFromPoint, can you give the exact command name?

Does anyone know how the "AutoIt Windows Info" tool gets this info ?

There is always a butthead in the crowd, no matter how hard one tries to keep them out.......Volly

• Moderators

I am also trying to figure out howto get the "Class" and "Instance" of a control. I need to basicly get the same results as ControlGetFocus Returns.

GUICtrlGetHandle returns the HWND of a control not Class or Instance. MouseGetPos only returns CoOrds. I am unfamiliar with GetClass or WindowsFromPoint, can you give the exact command name?

Does anyone know how the "AutoIt Windows Info" tool gets this info ?

I know what they return... they were things to look at... in order to get the end result the OP posted about.

Windows*/GetClass are API calls.

A search in the Advanced search area, looking up WindowFromPoint in the example forum will actually yield pretty much what your looking for.

Thanks for the Help Smoke, the thread http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.ph...mp;#entry205832 you refered to definitly is getting the info i need,But I think im going about things the hard way.

I want to declare a button like

$Begin = GUICtrlCreateButton ("", 736, 224, 131, 25,$BS_BITMAP)

and then be able to detect if the button has focus or not, as far as I can tell the only way to do this is with ControlGetFocus. So I guess my question is how to do that? I have currently been trying to get the CLass and Instance useing nothing but the ControlID but this doesnt seem possible.

There is always a butthead in the crowd, no matter how hard one tries to keep them out.......Volly

ok well unless someone knows a better way im just useing Smoke_N's Script

HotKeySet('{END}', '_ExitNow') ;END Button

While 1
    ToolTip(_CtrlGetClassNN_ByPos())
    Sleep(20)
WEnd

Func _CtrlGetClassNN_ByPos()
    Local $hWin = WinGetHandle(''), $sCreateArray = '', $sClassList = WinGetClassList($hWin)
    Local $sSplitClass = StringSplit(StringTrimRight($sClassList, 1), @LF), $sReturn = ''

$OptMCM = Opt('MouseCoordMode', 2)
    Local $aMPos = MouseGetPos()
    Opt('MouseCoordMode', $OptMCM)

For $iCount = UBound($sSplitClass) - 1 To 1 Step - 1
        Local $nCount = 0
        While 1
            $nCount += 1
            Local $aCPos = ControlGetPos($hWin, '', $sSplitClass[$iCount] & $nCount)
            If @error Then ExitLoop
            If $aMPos[0] >= $aCPos[0] And $aMPos[0] <= ($aCPos[0] + $aCPos[2]) _
                And $aMPos[1] >= $aCPos[1] And $aMPos[1] <= ($aCPos[1] + $aCPos[3]) Then
                If $sSplitClass[$iCount] <> '' Then Return $sSplitClass[$iCount] & $nCount
            EndIf         
        WEnd
    Next
    Return $sReturn
EndFunc

Func _ExitNow()
    Exit 0
EndFunc

Instead of feeding it mouse positions I use ControlGetPos to feed it the CoOrds of a Contrl. This way I can tell what control has Focus based just on a ControlID

Edited by ofLight