DeSync

does anyone know of a way to get ahold of a specific pixel color from an inactive window. Not necesarily minimized but it will be covered by another window completely. I know that the info is still there but the window manager(I'm guessing here) doesn't display it. If not possible in AutoIt, could it be done in another language? If I can figure that out then I can realy do what I want with this script. Oh, if I seem like a noob it's because I am. This is my first script. ty for your help

Edited by unform25

• Moderators

does anyone know of a way to get ahold of a specific pixel color from an inactive window. Not necesarily minimized but it will be covered by another window completely. I know that the info is still there but the window manager(I'm guessing here) doesn't display it. If not possible in AutoIt, could it be done in another language? If I can figure that out then I can realy do what I want with this script. Oh, if I seem like a noob it's because I am. This is my first script. ty for your help

It can not be done if it can not be seen...

Edit... thought I'd put it in simpler terms

Edited by SmOke_N

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

Ok, how about this instead. Do you know of a way to make one bot control several instances of a program w/o them acting like syncronised swimmers? what i have is like this:

CODE

Do

For $Z = 1 to $NumberOfClients

func1()

ChangeClient()

Next

func2()

ChangeClient()

Next

func3()

ChangeClient()

Next

Until True = False

And with this it just runs through each client one step at a time and all the clients are held up by the slowest of them. Is there a technique that you know of to basicly run each client seperately from the rest w/o having to worry about each instance fighting over the mouse and window focus?

• Moderators

Eh, I've seen it done. In AutoIt. For the same purpose I'm trying to do now. I just don't have the script to reverse engineer. If I get ahold of it from the guy I'll post the technique and see what ya'll think of it.

Well, you could always program it to say... hey, don't do crap until I'm done here... then you can move to the next part of the loop.

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.