Send clicks to minimized window

Ok, so I usually send clicks to a minimized window with _MouseClickPlus() user function but recently it hasn't been working for me (dunno why).

So I have been reading about ControlClick(). But the window I'm trying to send a click to doesn't have a control id. So I was wondering is it possible to send a ControlClick() with coordinates instead of the control id?

• Moderators

Ok, so I usually send clicks to a minimized window with _MouseClickPlus() user function but recently it hasn't been working for me (dunno why).

So I have been reading about ControlClick(). But the window I'm trying to send a click to doesn't have a control id. So I was wondering is it possible to send a ControlClick() with coordinates instead of the control id?

Have you tried possibly leaving the Control ID field blank ""?

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

• Moderators

When I try that it tells me I have too many parameters.

ControlClick("untitled - Paint", "", "", "left", 1, 500 , 300)
What version of autoit are you using?

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

What version of autoit are you using?

Ahh ok.. I installed the latest version and it runs but for some reason it doesn't click in paint. I do have multiple moniters, I dunno if that would affect it?

Opt("MouseCoordMode", 0)

sleep(5000)
Edited by rejectpenguin

• Moderators

Ahh ok.. I installed the latest version and it runs but for some reason it doesn't click in paint. I do have multiple moniters, I dunno if that would affect it?

Opt("MouseCoordMode", 0)

sleep(5000)
How do you know it's not clicking in Paint?

I ask this, because you left the control param blank, if I remember correctly, paint does have control id's/classnamenn's

How do you know it's not clicking in Paint?

I ask this, because you left the control param blank, if I remember correctly, paint does have control id's/classnamenn's

Im just using paint as a test to make sure the clicking works. But it doesn't work in paint nor does it work in any other window.

Im just using paint as a test to make sure the clicking works. But it doesn't work in paint nor does it work in any other window.

I see nothing in the help file that indicates that ControlClick will work on a window that is minimized. In fact, the opposite seems to be true for some controls:

Some controls will resist clicking unless they are the active window. Use the WinActivate() function to force the control's window to the top before using ControlClick().

Also, don't forget to use the ControlClick coordinates listed in the tab labeled "Control" within the AutoIt Window Info tool and not the ones in the "Mouse" tab.

-MSP-

[size="1"][font="Arial"].[u].[/u][/font][/size]

• 2 months later...

I see nothing in the help file that indicates that ControlClick will work on a window that is minimized. In fact, the opposite seems to be true for some controls:

Some controls will resist clicking unless they are the active window. Use the WinActivate() function to force the control's window to the top before using ControlClick().

Also, don't forget to use the ControlClick coordinates listed in the tab labeled "Control" within the AutoIt Window Info tool and not the ones in the "Mouse" tab.

-MSP-

Is there a way to get the control coordinates for Diablo II? When I mouse over my Diablo II window, it doesn't say anything at all in the Control tab.