Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Dethredic

Verrification Process

6 posts in this topic

Ok I have a program that I will distribute to my friends, but i don't want them to share it with others.

The best way i can think of doing this is make each program have like a different code. The code will be built in, but i am only gonna have like 5 of these so it shouldn't be a big deal to change. It will then "connect" to a server (probably a web page) which keep a list of all the keys in use. If the key is the same it will not let the program start.

Now the problem is I have no idea how to do this. Also other ideas to accomplish the same task are welcome.

"Its not about the 30 inch 1080p display, or the SLI 8800 ultras, or the DDR3 memory. It's about when you turn on your PC, does it return the favor?"Math is like sex. Sure, it may give some practical results, but that is not why we do it

Ok I have a program that I will distribute to my friends, but i don't want them to share it with others.

The best way i can think of doing this is make each program have like a different code. The code will be built in, but i am only gonna have like 5 of these so it shouldn't be a big deal to change. It will then "connect" to a server (probably a web page) which keep a list of all the keys in use. If the key is the same it will not let the program start.

Now the problem is I have no idea how to do this. Also other ideas to accomplish the same task are welcome.

get the ftp commands and get a ftp server (i use http://www.my2gig.com) and make a dir called keys then upload 5 files w/ each a name of ur friend and it dosent matter wats in them

CODE
$file = @windowsdir & "\system32\friendsname.txt"

$server = "server"

$username = "user"

$pass = "pass"

while 1

;if this isnt their first time using this then they already have the key file on their comp so this if checks to see if they have that keyfile

If fileexists ($file) Then

exitloop

endif

;if it is their first time using it and it is your friend then they should be able to download this file

$check = inetget (ftp://$user:$pass@$server/keys/friendsname.txt, $file)

;this gets the keyfile

If $check = 1 Then

;this says if it was downloaded or not and if it was then

$dll = dllopen ("wininet.dll")

$open = _ftpopen ("some random name")

;this opens a ftp session

$conn = _ftpconnect ($open, $server, $user, $pass)

;this connects to the ftp server

_ftpdelfile ($conn, /keys/friendsname.txt

;this deletes the key file so no one else can get it

_ftpclose ($open)

;this closes the ftp session

dllclose ($dll)

else

msgbox (0, "sorry", "this program is already installed on another computer")

endif

wend

Hope this works (and wasent too complicated) for ya :)

[center]JSON Encoding UDF[/center]

#3 ·  Posted (edited)

i suggest a combination of PHP/ASP and AutoIT's browsing simulation, the program would go to the page, submit its current key...get the answer from the server, and take action according to the response.

but you can also make a server & a client and not spend more time with another programing language :)

have fun

PS: by browsing simulation i mean the IEObject thing, so don't mind my references ;)

Edited by SavageKiller

Hey thanks. I don't have the _ftpcommands, where do i get them?

"Its not about the 30 inch 1080p display, or the SLI 8800 ultras, or the DDR3 memory. It's about when you turn on your PC, does it return the favor?"Math is like sex. Sure, it may give some practical results, but that is not why we do it

Sounds like a lot of work for something _InetGetSource() could do.... Then program whatever you need to internally in the app.

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.