How to do things in the background of IE

Okay I'm looking to make a program that will go to Neopets website, login, go to a section of the site, grab the source from this section, click on a link. All invisibly with no IE window, I'm not asking for the script to do this, I'm just wondering what syntax i'd use to do this.

Also, I need the grabbing the source, and clicking the link part to be fast.....

ie.au3

~cdkid

AutoIt Console written in C#. Write au3 code right at the console :D_FileWriteToLineWrite to a specific line in a file.My UDF Libraries: MySQL UDF Library version 1.6 MySQL Database UDF's for AutoItI have stopped updating the MySQL thread above, all future updates will be on my SVN. The svn location is:kan2.sytes.net/publicsvn/mysqlnote: This will still be available, but due to my new job, and school hours, am no longer developing this udf.My business: www.hirethebrain.com Hire The Brain HireTheBrain.com Computer Consulting, Design, Assembly and RepairOh no! I've commited Scriptocide!

I always prefer using _InetGetSource, I find IE more difficult.

#include <Inet.au3>
$Source = _InetGetSource("www.google.ca")

Kurt

I plan on using _InetGetSource but I need to be able to visit links invisibly as well. Then send a success or fail back to my GUI. Edited by SteveO

_IECreate has an option to make the IE instance invisible. See the helpfile. For links, see the _IELink* functions. To get source, see _IEBodyRead* or _IEDocRead*

Dale

Free Internet Tools: DebugBar, AutoIt IE Builder, HTTP UDF, MODIV2, IE Developer Toolbar, IEDocMon, Fiddler, HTML Validator, WGet, curl

MSDN docs: InternetExplorer Object, Document Object, Overviews and Tutorials, DHTML Objects, DHTML Events, WinHttpRequest, XmlHttpRequest, Cross-Frame Scripting, Office object model

Automate input type=file (Related)

Alternative to _IECreateEmbedded? better: _IECreatePseudoEmbedded  Better Better?

IE.au3 issues with Vista - Workarounds

SciTe Debug mode - it's magic: #AutoIt3Wrapper_run_debug_mode=Y

Doesn't work needs to be ripped out of the troubleshooting lexicon. It means that what you tried did not produce the results you expected. It begs the questions 1) what did you try?, 2) what did you expect? and 3) what happened instead?

Reproducer: a small (the smallest?) piece of stand-alone code that demonstrates your trouble

_IECreate has an option to make the IE instance invisible. See the helpfile. For links, see the _IELink* functions. To get source, see _IEBodyRead* or _IEDocRead*

Dale

But would this be fast? IE, when you can actually see the window tends to be slow....is it faster when you can't see the window?

Yes, but test for yourself.

Dale

Free Internet Tools: DebugBar, AutoIt IE Builder, HTTP UDF, MODIV2, IE Developer Toolbar, IEDocMon, Fiddler, HTML Validator, WGet, curl

MSDN docs: InternetExplorer Object, Document Object, Overviews and Tutorials, DHTML Objects, DHTML Events, WinHttpRequest, XmlHttpRequest, Cross-Frame Scripting, Office object model

Automate input type=file (Related)

Alternative to _IECreateEmbedded? better: _IECreatePseudoEmbedded  Better Better?

IE.au3 issues with Vista - Workarounds

SciTe Debug mode - it's magic: #AutoIt3Wrapper_run_debug_mode=Y

Doesn't work needs to be ripped out of the troubleshooting lexicon. It means that what you tried did not produce the results you expected. It begs the questions 1) what did you try?, 2) what did you expect? and 3) what happened instead?

Reproducer: a small (the smallest?) piece of stand-alone code that demonstrates your trouble

I just need it to go to

http://www.neopets.com/donations.phtml?

Search for a specific string like 100 Gold...compare it to what the user requested....say they requested 2000 Gold, check to see if 100 gold if > 2000 gold, then click the link for the item, or leave it alone depending what the user specified.

Edited by SteveO