Garmin Device Interface SDK

I like autoit! This scripting language is big helper for me, it's comprehensible and with autoit I have no need other programming language as C, C++, etc. However, I found on the http://developer.garmin.com SDK for communicate with Garmin GPS units, but it's write for C++ only . This SDK is very useful for transfer (export/import) waypoints, tracks, etc. Ufortunately, I don't know C++ and I can hardly rewrite this for autoit. It's possible rewrite this SDK for autoit? Anybody interesting in working with C++ and GPS? Such a plugin for autoit would be very useful at least for me... Sorry for my English.

.... I have no need other programming language as C, C++, etc. .... Ufortunately, I don't know C++ and I can hardly rewrite this for autoit. .....

Hmmm... to say one has no need for another language yet ask someone to translate because they lack the ability to understand -- well call me crazy but that seems like a good reason not to dismiss other languages. Regardless if the language is programming or spoken. For example I currently have no need for Marathi (spoken in Western India) since I don't care to listen to a Marathi conversation or translate it into English. However if I were intersted in the conversation then I would want to learn Marathi even if I never plan to speak the language. Point? We all should be careful what you say and try not to contradict ourselves. Tough sometimes, yes, but a worthy goal. And yes you are right, Autoit is great!

you may want to try www.poiedit.com - its free and converts almost all formats

Cool link, thanks nobbe!

www.poiedit.com - its free and converts almost all formats

Poiedit is cool tool for conversion waypoints format, but I don't need a convertor. I would admire to transfer data bidirectionally with GPS units for backup, etc.

Hmmm... to say one has no need for another language yet ask someone to translate because they lack the ability to understand..

.... We all should be careful what you say and try not to contradict ourselves ....

Yes you are right, I agree. Sooner or later I planning read up about c++, but presently im very busy and autoit is great way (and fast) for many solutions what i need. I only hoped, that somebody can help with translation from c++ to autoit. Sorry if you don't understand, but I don't speek English and I don't know how to put it... :">

Idea: Just modify this existing C SDK example to DLL. This will be MUCH simpler then translating all C code to AU3.

Then you may use DllCall() from AU3

EDIT:

DLL will have exported these functions:

Initialize()

SendPacket()

GetPacket()

thanks for tip, Zedna. I'll try it out.