Problem with custom Xskins buttons

Maybe I'm just missing something here. I want to use the button templates from the \Buttons location, but I'm not sure how I'm supposed to tell my script to use those.

XSkinButton( "text", left, top, width, height, "function") and it works fine, but it generates a default skin for the button. Then example in the help file doesn't mention anything about choosing a button skin. When I ran the demo .exe, it showed that it could change but button styles, but didn't show how...

A point in the general directly would help a lot, :)

Maybe I'm just missing something here. I want to use the button templates from the \Buttons location, but I'm not sure how I'm supposed to tell my script to use those.

XSkinButton( "text", left, top, width, height, "function") and it works fine, but it generates a default skin for the button. Then example in the help file doesn't mention anything about choosing a button skin. When I ran the demo .exe, it showed that it could change but button styles, but didn't show how...

A point in the general directly would help a lot, ;)

Welcome to the forums! :)

Do you mind posting your code? I'm going to go look at XSkin quick to see if I can find an answer

Alright, here's an example I took out... Try changing this part: @ScriptDir & "\Skins\Black-Yellow" to whatever you want...

#Include <XSkin.au3> 

; folder of skin
$Skin_Folder = @ScriptDir & "\Skins\Black-Yellow";***CHANGE HERE***

$XSkinGui = XSkinGUICreate( "My GUI", 400, 450, $Skin_Folder)

GUISetState()

While 1
    Sleep(10)
WEnd
Does this help? Edited by Piano_Man
My Programs[list][*]Knight Media Player[*]Multiple Desktops[*]Daily Comics[*]Journal[/list]

Welcome to the forums! :)

Do you mind posting your code? I'm going to go look at XSkin quick to see if I can find an answer

Alright, here's an example I took out... Try changing this part: @ScriptDir & "\Skins\Black-Yellow" to whatever you want...

#Include <XSkin.au3> 

; folder of skin
$Skin_Folder = @ScriptDir & "\Skins\Black-Yellow";***CHANGE HERE***

$XSkinGui = XSkinGUICreate( "My GUI", 400, 450, $Skin_Folder)

GUISetState()

While 1
    Sleep(10)
WEnd
Does this help?
That part actually works fine. I probably wasn't too clear, hehe. When I change that, the skin changes properly, but it still uses a generic button skin/style. I want to use the button style in \Skins\Buttons\Style_15b.

When I use the XSkinButton as below, there's nothing to indicate which style to use:

$btnHwReq = XSkinButton( "Hardware Req", 38, 88, 80, 25, "btnHwReqClick")

Is that supposed to be specified in skin.dat? If you still have the XSkin_Demo it shows it can change the button styles... this boggles me. When I first started trying, I thought it may have had something to do with changing the $Skin_Folder location, but that still doesn't reference the button style folders.

lol, I'm wondering if I'm still making since... I've been at this for a while. I know where I'm lost at, not sure if I'm conveying it properly ;)

That part actually works fine. I probably wasn't too clear, hehe. When I change that, the skin changes properly, but it still uses a generic button skin/style. I want to use the button style in \Skins\Buttons\Style_15b.

When I use the XSkinButton as below, there's nothing to indicate which style to use:

$btnHwReq = XSkinButton( "Hardware Req", 38, 88, 80, 25, "btnHwReqClick")

Is that supposed to be specified in skin.dat? If you still have the XSkin_Demo it shows it can change the button styles... this boggles me. When I first started trying, I thought it may have had something to do with changing the $Skin_Folder location, but that still doesn't reference the button style folders.

lol, I'm wondering if I'm still making since... I've been at this for a while. I know where I'm lost at, not sure if I'm conveying it properly ;)

I don't really know what to say... I haven't used xskin much at all. I posted a link to this here so that maybe the creator of xskin can help you :) Edited by Piano_Man
My Programs[list][*]Knight Media Player[*]Multiple Desktops[*]Daily Comics[*]Journal[/list]

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Me too - I can't use the fancy buttons.

XSkinButton just does squares. I have tried this normal code:

$button_4 = GUICtrlCreateButton ("my picture button", 10,20,40,40, $BS_BITMAP)

GUICtrlSetImage ($button_4, "0.bmp")

to make picture buttons but I have no idea how to do 'rollover' picture change and 'press' colour changes.

The XSkin example does fancy buttons but the source code for the example does not exist?

Oh well!