Please help guys! urgent *sob*

I recently posted my auto-it program to a website just to show people how it works. i didn't want it spread around everywhere before I could improve it and i

thought to be honest that noone would care..

Now it's all over the place! One person who downloaded it now wants to share it with the whole word so he hosted it himself.

You gotta help me guys..i didn't want everyone having it*sobs* and this is seriously really making me upset (over=dramatic) because i guess now i know wot it feels to have your program put onto kazaa or something :)

So, this is why i am asking for help;

Is there any lines of code I can put into the script which will make it only accesible by a password/authenticaion key of some sort??

and is it possible to make it so that the key can only be used once?

For example, if someone extracts a zip file and extract somewhere and then input code, it will wok. if someone gets sent the exact zip and tries to inout the same code it will not work.

So to make it clearer, is it possible to input a list of codes into the code so that as 1 password gets put in, 1 gets ticked off. This way people who just download it will no be able to use it!

here's hoping you guys can help!

1/You can add a password to ur .au3 script when compiling so as ppl cant decompile it and edit the source.

2/You could add a password at the start of your program so as ppl cant run it without knowing the password.

$correct = ("run")
$passwd = InputBox("Program Control", "Enter your password.", "", "*", "", "", "-
1", "-1", 30)

If $passwd = $correct Then
;Rest of script goes here  

Else            
MsgBox(4096, "Program Control", "You did not enter a valid password", 5)
EndIf

So if the password run is typed the script runs

This dosent stop someone from figuring out the password and psting it along with the download link for ur program.

Is there any lines of code I can put into the script which will make it only accesible by a password/authenticaion key of some sort??

and is it possible to make it so that the key can only be used once?

Short answer no !

Best I can come up with is set a pass and only give it to ppl u trust wont share it out to the world

By the way what dose ur script do ?

Edited by nova

This script must mean a good bit to you... I do understand where you are coming from. I had someone take my script (though I dont mind) and the way I found out is it emails me the IP of the person running the script and they didnt remove that.

So... I dont know... just make sure you dont give out your source code is all I can say :-/

JS

AutoIt Links

File-String Hash Plugin Updated! 04-02-2008 Plugins have been discontinued. I just found out.

ComputerGetInfo UDF's Updated! 11-23-2006

External Links

Vortex Revolutions Engineer / Inventor (Web, Desktop, and Mobile Applications, Hardware Gizmos, Consulting, and more)

I UNDERSTAND what he wants, and i would like to know how to do it also.

what he is trying to accomplish is similar to anti-piracy measures.. such as alot of companies have.

we will use microsoft windows xp professional for this example.

microsoft has made it so that only one key can be used with one copy of windows.

if you want to install it, it prompts you for they key.

if you enter a key that someone has already used to install it, it will not work. what windows does is connect to microsoft and double check to see if the key has been REGISTERED already.

if it has.... then it wont work.

of course, if you installed windows xp professional CORPORATE you can install it on as many computers as you wish, with only one key. simlar to what alot of programs use already.. which is why piracy still happens.. because the pirated software has a .txt document that contains the key included in the .zip

what needs to be scripted to accomplish this, is something that will go to a site... and if the site doesnt load... then give some error message.... please try again later.

and if the site DOES load, then check the key used to start the script against a list on the site. although.... this might get tricky if someone decided to peek at the site source code.

but, this is just an idea. you could HARDCODE the key to the script... but like you said, all one person who had the key would have to do, is give that key out.

although, you could also have the script connect to some server, and check to see if another instance of that application is already online. sort of an "instant message" to the server for your program. have it message your site.. saying "im on" and if another copy with the same key messages your site while that same key is in use.. it will say.. "HEY! thats why you dont give out your key! now buy another copy or else"

if anyone knows of a secure way to accomplish this, post it!

~Todd

Edited by t0ddie

Valik Note Added 19 October 2006 - 08:38 AMAdded to warn level I just plain don't like you.

by the way, just out of curiosity.. what does your script do?

and next time you get asked how your program works, tell them its top secret.

only give out COMPILED versions of your script, and NEVER source code.

Valik Note Added 19 October 2006 - 08:38 AMAdded to warn level I just plain don't like you.

I could do something like that since I have a website and also database on the web.. I could have people register and everytime the program runs it checks the site. The thing is for me to script this and then everyone want to use it, my website would probably grow too large and I couldnt afford the hosting fees any longer.

Thanks for the idea I very well may include that in my script. Let me know what you think about the above.

JS

AutoIt Links

File-String Hash Plugin Updated! 04-02-2008 Plugins have been discontinued. I just found out.

ComputerGetInfo UDF's Updated! 11-23-2006

External Links

Vortex Revolutions Engineer / Inventor (Web, Desktop, and Mobile Applications, Hardware Gizmos, Consulting, and more)

love the idea...

i love ALL my ideas lol

im much better with IDEAS, than scripting lol

post the script with the site removed when you are finished. then we can use our own site.

also, if you could post the html or javascript you use to check this... for the site. that would be cool to.

sweet. get er' done!

~Todd