Eve problem

This is pretty much for anyone who's familiar with Eve. I'm trying to use the "Warp Drive Activated" on screen to trigger an event (ie. when that goes away, deploy drones) but I'm having a problem. I tried using PixelGetcolor and that didn't work because the letters are translucent and the value always changes depending on what's behind them. Then I tried PixelSearch but I'm still having trouble with it. I've narrowed the search to 9 pixels and pushed the shader variation to 35 but it still acts like it isn't there and tries to deploy drones while i'm still in warp. If anyone else has had this problem, could you let me know how you solved it? Also I want to use TimerInit/Diff to track something but I'm not sure if/how it would work in my case. Can TimerInit replace a value after it's already been set with TimerInit? Also how is the value stored, start at zero or is it timed from some day back in the 70's (Epoch or something, somebody was telling me about it this morning.....)?

hmm... ive worked with a few different things lke this, in one case, i made the program make an array of colors in a horizontal line accross the letters, and use the differences in colors to determin if its what i wanted

another words: $colorA=(cordA,cordB) expect $colorA at x,x and x,x and x,x and x,x and.....

$colorA would be your sample color

another idea, if you know the color and tranparency of the letters and you have a constant location for the background color that you can use as an example, you could calculate the proper color for the letters...

one lastidea... i know nothing about this game, but oftern 2 things are possible: find a replacement skin for the hud, or look yourself for what files contain the images or color/text settings.

I might be able to do something with the first idea, but the other two won't work. The main problem is the bg is a randomised starscape with colored nebuli and such. So I can't realy make any reliable calculations using the bg/hud. But I might be able to make my current search more reliable by using more than one location in the words and then widen my allowance for color variance. I'll try that. Hopefully it works. ty.

• 1 month later...

I have made a warpchecking work for me. You need to use the pixelsearch function to look at the color of the pixels at the very right of the warp/speed indicator. this checks to see of you are out of warp. Can't tell if you are at full speed or in warp though.

CODE
Func WarpCheck()

Do

PixelSearch(544,757,549,763,0xa5a2a5,15);;pixels on the right of the warping/speed indicator bar

until @error=0

Sleep(750)

EndFunc

• 2 weeks later...

Well... I propose to turn on the widescreen option in EVE graphical settings - then you will have a solid black background behind the speedmeter (and also behind the shield/armor/structure gauge and equipment buttons too <_< )

Then make a screenshot right after the warp finished and your speed started to decrease (and instead of the warping message on the speedbar, you see something like 150 M/S).

Then select two points of the capital M letter on the speed gauge, get their pixelcolor and in the code check for those points. If they appear, warp over. Rock solid method to see if warp finished.