Would autoit be efficient at scripting java based games?

Well - I was looking for a new language to throw out some new Runescape scripts from, and I came across autoit. I was looking at the list of different functions and such and was thinking it might work pretty well. From what I know so far I understand that a few people have already come out with some scripts for runescape using a function to find certain pixels/colors. I'm not aware of what function or procedure I would use to search for certain colors/pixels in a java based game.. which is why I'm here. Any advice?

Another thought -- does autoit cooperate with bitmaps? That would be an alternative to color clicking.

Well - I was looking for a new language to throw out some new Runescape scripts from, and I came across autoit. I was looking at the list of different functions and such and was thinking it might work pretty well. From what I know so far I understand that a few people have already come out with some scripts for runescape using a function to find certain pixels/colors. I'm not aware of what function or procedure I would use to search for certain colors/pixels in a java based game.. which is why I'm here. Any advice?

Another thought -- does autoit cooperate with bitmaps? That would be an alternative to color clicking.

PixelSearch() will just do fine, look in OCR in search for your 2nd question.

I sent you a PM, add me as friend. I just started a project today called HYBERMINE. It could be evolved to work for woodcutting, as well as flax picking, fishing, and many more. If you would like to join up with me in making it work, it would be greatly appreciated. It works, but it needs more. And yes, it works in JAVA. Way better than SCAR. and advice is read the Help Files, look at other scripts such as mine. and tweak them to learn. I started this morning and have already done so much with autoit. btw add me in runescap my name is inline853.

PixelGetColor ( x , y )

PixelSearch ( left, top, right, bottom, color [, shade-variation] [, step]] )

not sure about bitmaps, lookit up in the forum as i am doing now lol ...

found this http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.ph...4&hl=bitmap ... but it seems to be good so far

http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.ph...mp;#entry134394 ... this too

Edited by inline853