Combined Script Doesn't Work

MFate

I have a script that installs some software and then does some cleanup afterwards. The software installation part works fine but the cleanup part doesn't work. When I separate the scripts into individual files and run them individually, everything works fine. The combined script is shown here. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

; Install ScriptPro

RunWait ("P:\zInstall\Support\ScriptPro\CDROM1\Setup.exe /qn")

WinWaitActive ("ScriptPro", "Please wait while Windows configures ScriptPro")

WinWaitClose ("ScriptPro", "Please wait while Windows configures ScriptPro")

; Do some cleanup

DirRemove ("C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Autodesk\ScriptPro", 1)

FileCopy ("P:\zInstall\Support\ScriptPro\ScriptPro.lnk", "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Autodesk\ScriptPro.lnk", 9)

try adding like a 2-3 second sleep in between, if the rest of the script runs as soon as the window closes then the files might still act as if they were still being run by the program and they cant be deleted.

try adding like a 2-3 second sleep in between, if the rest of the script runs as soon as the window closes then the files might still act as if they were still being run by the program and they cant be deleted.

I tried your suggestion and even extended the time to 1 full minute, however it did not work.

Sleep (60000)

• Moderators

The DirRemove and the FileCopy portion of the script do not work inside of the main script which is shown at the top of this thread

Do you have permissions to do it?

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

Do you have permissions to do it?

Yes I have permissions.

I have a script that installs some software and then does some cleanup afterwards. The software installation part works fine but the cleanup part doesn't work. When I separate the scripts into individual files and run them individually, everything works fine. The combined script is shown here.

; Install ScriptPro

RunWait ("P:\zInstall\Support\ScriptPro\CDROM1\Setup.exe /qn")

WinWaitActive ("ScriptPro", "Please wait while Windows configures ScriptPro")

WinWaitClose ("ScriptPro", "Please wait while Windows configures ScriptPro")

; Do some cleanup

DirRemove ("C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Autodesk\ScriptPro", 1)

FileCopy ("P:\zInstall\Support\ScriptPro\ScriptPro.lnk", "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Autodesk\ScriptPro.lnk", 9)