Which is more Reliable ?!

since i'm making somewhat of a big proj in AU3 i've been wandering what do you guys think:

which of the two is more reliable ?! GuiOnEventMode or GuiGetMsg...

WOULD LIKE TO HEAR YOUR HONORABLE SUGGESTIONS !!!

[u]My Au3 Scripts:[/u]____________(E)Lephant, A Share download manager (RS/MU etc)Http1.1 Console, The Ez Way!Internet Reconnection Automation Suite & A Macro Recording Tool.SK's Alarm Clock, Playing '.MP3 & .Wav' Files._________________Is GOD a mistake of the Humanity Or the Humanity is a mistake of GOD ?!

since i'm making somewhat of a big proj in AU3 i've been wandering what do you guys think:

I'd have to agree with sccrstvn93. My limited understanding is this. If you know the exit of your gui will need to result in a function call then GuiOnEventMode is the way to go as in:
GUISetOnEvent($GUI_EVENT_CLOSE, "<your_function_name_here>")oÝ÷ ØèØ^¢Ø^®§w*.v÷öÙÞyÛh驶ºw-î¦íç%¢È§ò¢êàº&§w§¶Ø^±Êâ¦Ûh~e£azw±¶X§zܡ׭éƺ!´Ë Â¥u·zÛ^­«"«­¢+Ø%]¡¥±Ä($$ÀÌØíµÍôU%Ñ5Í ¤($%%ÀÌØíµÍôôÀÌØíU%}Y9Q}
1=MQ¡¸á¥Ñ1½½À($%M±À ÐÀ¤(%]¹

Hope this helps you make an informed decision! Good luck!

@ssubirias3

dude it's not all to do with the: $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE

it's completely two different ways of building a script....

[u]My Au3 Scripts:[/u]____________(E)Lephant, A Share download manager (RS/MU etc)Http1.1 Console, The Ez Way!Internet Reconnection Automation Suite & A Macro Recording Tool.SK's Alarm Clock, Playing '.MP3 & .Wav' Files._________________Is GOD a mistake of the Humanity Or the Humanity is a mistake of GOD ?!

Indeed, there are a lot more differences than that. What you described can be done in OnEvent mode, or not...it's just coded differently. And not one is easier than the other. I believe the core difference between the two modes is the fact that if you have a long message loop, there's the possibility of sluggishness in your GUI's reactivity. OnEvent mode waits until the user initiates some action before doing anything, as opposed to constantly polling the GUI. I'm sure someone with more expertise will give you a better explanation of the differences between the two.

IE Dev ToolbarMSDN: InternetExplorer ObjectMSDN: HTML/DHTML Reference Guide[quote]It is surprising what a man can do when he has to, and how little most men will do when they don't have to. - Walter Linn[/quote]--------------------[font="Franklin Gothic Medium"]Post a reproducer with less than 100 lines of code.[/font]

...honorable suggestions??? :)

Well, the primary difference is if you need anything else to work while waiting for you GUI actions (button clicks and the like). The basic GuiGetMsg() loop starts missing things and becomes unreliable if the loop takes too long, or if you go off to do other work in the middle of it (like with a function call, or AdLibEnable). The GuiGetMsg() loop is quick and easy to code, but very limiting. You can't do much else while in the loop.

Event mode allows your script to go off and get lots of other work done, and be interrupted when something finally happens.

;)

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law