Change Timezone in WINXP Help Needed

TDalton

I am new to AutoIT but not new to automating processes on machines during a rollout.

I am having difficulty getting AUTOIT to set the timezone on some IBM thinkpads.

I was trying to use keyboard strokes to get there, but not successful yet. Was thinking about using the mouse to dbl-click on clock in systray, but don't have any idea where to start.

What do you folks think can AutoIT do this, has anyone done this in the past? Any help would be great.

Thanks,

Tim Dalton

It can ceratainly be done... I havent used mouse clicks yet, but I know someone will have a solution for you. In the mean time check up on MouseClick() in the help file.

JS

Edit: I see you typing Matt :)

Edited by JSThePatriot

AutoIt Links

File-String Hash Plugin Updated! 04-02-2008 Plugins have been discontinued. I just found out.

ComputerGetInfo UDF's Updated! 11-23-2006

External Links

Vortex Revolutions Engineer / Inventor (Web, Desktop, and Mobile Applications, Hardware Gizmos, Consulting, and more)

Interesting now that I have the reg values that make set the timezone to EST. When I impor the values, it seem as if the timezone doesn't change when you check the date & time icon in the Control Panel or when you DBL click on the clock in the sys tray.

Did the timezone change or not? How could I verify?

After registry change you might have to restart.

Try that... I dunno after that.

JS

AutoIt Links

File-String Hash Plugin Updated! 04-02-2008 Plugins have been discontinued. I just found out.

ComputerGetInfo UDF's Updated! 11-23-2006

External Links

Vortex Revolutions Engineer / Inventor (Web, Desktop, and Mobile Applications, Hardware Gizmos, Consulting, and more)