Remote Assistance - Win XP

kater

HI my Dear's

I want to Create the invitation file of the Remote Assistance by AutoIt v3

That is very simple by AutoIt v3 , and that is why I'm here

I''m here for your advice to me

First Step ! We need to start

Edited by kater

I am a little confused as to what you are after Kater.

Is it the creation of a file much like the .vnc and .rdp files, which contain specific commands to start a remote assistance session?

As if so, i am unsure if the remote assistance scheme uses such files.

Do you now that invitation file of Remote Assistance

We need to create the invitation as Automatically

For Example :

We need to create a Script file by AutoIt v3 when me open the Script will do all the configurations of the invitation and it will save the invitation file to my C Drive

Instructions to create file: http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/h...st/viafile.mspx

The invitation file is in xml format, here is one I generated (default filename: RAInvitation.msrcincident):

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="Unicode" ?>

<UPLOADINFO TYPE="Escalated">

<UPLOADDATA USERNAME="Administrator" RCTICKET="65538,1,192.168.1.200:3389;weaponx:3389,*,3yLEA21dLmCMdZPVnc4MZs6uf9zZvjjzU0FmAXkNjjs=,*,*,h6tz

l/qgge4AdyY+zhsnDFO+aIs=" RCTICKETENCRYPTED="1" DtStart="1187916594" DtLength="11520" PassStub="vy)4HzlplXgsON" L="0" />

</UPLOADINFO>

The password I entered is "password" and is thusly encrypted. It also (obviously) uses my internal IP to connect.

Were you planning on using this outside a lan?

Are you going to require a password (its optional)?

Edited by weaponx

Dear

I want to Explain more to you about my idea to Remote Assistance

First : I have local Network and I have also some Shared Folders in my Local Network

and I Don't like to give the existing user any control to his PC and some times this user will facing a problem with his PC

I want to help him by Remote Assistance when me ask him to create the invitation file he will not do it and he does not know how to do it and I do not have a time to tell him how to do it

so

I want to creat a script file by AutoIt v3 to creat the invtation file and save it in my Shared Folder as you see in the below

http://www.u11p.com/folder3/U11P_8RwF56nlme.zip

Presentation

Edited by kater

I can't download the file "Remote Assistance.zip"

That is becasue there is a space in the url. Spaces are a big No No in urls. "%20" represents a space.

- The Kandie Man ;-)

"So man has sown the wind and reaped the world. Perhaps in the next few hours there will no remembrance of the past and no hope for the future that might have been." & _"All the works of man will be consumed in the great fire after which he was created." & _"And if there is a future for man, insensitive as he is, proud and defiant in his pursuit of power, let him resolve to live it lovingly, for he knows well how to do so." & _"Then he may say once more, 'Truly the light is sweet, and what a pleasant thing it is for the eyes to see the sun.'" - The Day the Earth Caught Fire

The link to the screen which prompts to save the Invitation:

C:\WINDOWS\pchealth\helpctr\Vendors\CN=Microsoft Corporation,L=Redmond,S=Washington,C=US\Remote Assistance\Escalation\Email\rcscreen8.htm

I am attempting to automate it but the dropdown for hours is empty, most likely due to an activex warning which needs to be bypassed.

My advice:

• Download AutoIt.
  • Install it.
  • Create a new script and open it in SCiTE.
  • Select Tools > AutoItMacroGenerator.
  • Run the command %SYSTEMROOT%\system32\rcimlby.exe -LaunchRA.
  • Start the macro recording.
  • Step through the invitation creation process.
  • Stop recording when done.
  • Put an appropriate Run command at the top of your script.
  • Test and see how the script works. If it doesn't work the way you want it to, ask your specific question, post your script and we'll try to help.
Cheers,
BlueBearrOddly enough, this is what I do for fun.

My advice:

• Download AutoIt.
  • Install it.
  • Create a new script and open it in SCiTE.
  • Select Tools > AutoItMacroGenerator.
  • Run the command %SYSTEMROOT%\system32\rcimlby.exe -LaunchRA.
  • Start the macro recording.
  • Step through the invitation creation process.
  • Stop recording when done.
  • Put an appropriate Run command at the top of your script.
  • Test and see how the script works. If it doesn't work the way you want it to, ask your specific question, post your script and we'll try to help.
Cheers,

That might work on one system but the Invitation file is generated through Help and Support center which is a series of web pages, and thusly looks different on each machine (desktop resolution differences, font preferences).

For example when I try it at work the layout is HP branded and looks different from my generic home machine.

I prefer not to use Remote Assistance to support clients because of problems like this.

I've always used UltraVNC and heres why:

If you need to support clients who aren't on the LAN you can run UltraVNC Viewer in listen mode which will wait for one of your clients to engage a connection to you, thereby giving them a sense of security. Of course you have to forward the VNC ports on your gateway to allow the inbound connection to your PC.

This allows you to connect to your client without knowing their outside IP or having them forward any ports on their end.

I created this script which you can place on a webserver and anybody that runs it will open a connection to your UltraVNC listening viewer:

You need to supply

-winvnc.exe (server)

-vnc.reg (registry export of [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ORL])

Exporting this registry entry will give the client all of your default VNC settings, the important one being the encrypted password

;IP address of listening VNC client
$IP = "66.66.66.66"

;Copy dependent files to temp folder
FileInstall("vnc.reg",@TempDir & "\vnc.reg",1)
FileInstall("winvnc.exe",@TempDir & "\winvnc.exe",1)

;Throw error if vnc.reg isn't found
If NOT FileExists (@TempDir & "\vnc.reg") Then
    MsgBox(0,"","vnc.reg not found in " & @TempDir)
EndIf

;Throw an error if winvnc.exe isn't found
If NOT FileExists (@TempDir & "\winvnc.exe") Then
    MsgBox(0,"","winvnc.exe not found in " & @TempDir)
EndIf

;Merge vnc.reg which contains encrypted password
RunWait("regedit.exe /S " & @TempDir & "\vnc.reg", @TempDir)

;This allows the client to have UltraVNC server installed, or run supplied version from temp folder
If NOT ProcessExists ( "winvnc.exe" ) Then
Run(@TempDir & "\winvnc.exe -run", @TempDir)
EndIf

ProcessWait ( "winvnc.exe",5 )

;Initiate connection to listenening client
$run = RunWait(@TempDir & "\winvnc.exe -connect " & $IP, @TempDir)

Alternatively you can:

1. Forward ports 5900-5910 to on your router to your computer

2. Install UltraVNC

3. Click Start > Programs > UltraVNC > UltraVNC Viewer > Run UltraVNC Viewer (Listen Mode)

4. Have your client install UltraVNC server

5. Have them Click Start > Programs > UltraVNC > UltraVNC Server and configure a password (this only needs to be done one time)

6. Right click UltraVNC tray icon > Add new client > Enter your IP in the hostname > click OK

7. You are now in control!

This works two-fold because now all of your fellow employees could have the server running and you can connect to them any time you feel like either by IP or hostname (and you don't need their permission).

I'm sure you are thoroughly confused and I apologize.