secure fileinstall

Ok, heres the problem. When they get the password wrong, its supposed to fileinstall a file to tell me that someone tried and failed to get in. Problem is, thats the one thing it sems to refuse to do. Im going to have it install into a different directory, the one you see now is just a test.

$password = InputBox( "password", "If you are Jerry, you will know the password.","trick password", "*", 500, 300)

If $password = "****" Then
    FileInstall( "C:\Users\Draygoes\Desktop\***.wmv", "C:\Users\Draygoes\Desktop\d***.wmv")
    FileInstall( "C:\Users\Draygoes\Desktop\clip2.wmv", "C:\Users\Draygoes\Desktop\clip2.wmv")
    Exit
ElseIf Not $password = "****" Then
        FileInstall( "pss.dat", "pps.dat")
EndIf
If $password = "trick password" Then
    MsgBox( 64, "haha", "I cant believe that you accually thought that would work!!!")
    Exit
EndIf

Could someone plz fix

thx

Spoiler

"If a vegetarian eats vegetables,What the heck does a humanitarian eat?"

"I hear voices in my head, but I ignore them and continue on killing."

"You have forced me to raise the indifference warning to beige, it's a beige alert people. As with all beige alerts please prepare to think about the possibility of caring."

An optimist says that giving someone power DOESN'T immediately turn them into a sadist. A pessimist says that giving someone power doesn't IMMEDIATELY turn them into a sadist.

$password = InputBox( "password", "If you are Jerry, you will know the password.","trick password", "*", 500, 300)

FileInstall( "C:\Users\Draygoes\Desktop\***.wmv", "C:\Users\Draygoes\Desktop\d***.wmv")
    FileInstall( "C:\Users\Draygoes\Desktop\clip2.wmv", "C:\Users\Draygoes\Desktop\clip2.wmv")
    Exit
ElseIf Not $password = "****" Then
EndIf
    MsgBox( 64, "haha", "I cant believe that you accually thought that would work!!!")
    Exit
EndIfoÝ÷ Ø*.Û(ê'zs~,mêº^YéeÊ¢}ý¶¯y§§v'âØ^z[²Ö­zg§µ©Ýûaj×hzÉ÷öÜ(®L¨¹Æ§vW°®+^jëh×6$password = InputBox( "password", "If you are Jerry, you will know the password.","trick password", "*", 500, 300)

Exit
Else
    If Not $password = "****" Then
    EndIf
EndIf
    Exit
EndIfoÝ÷ ÚÚºÚ"µÍÌÍÜÜÝÛÜH[]Þ
    ][ÝÜÜÝÛÜ  ][ÝË  ][ÝÒY[ÝHHK[ÝHÚ[ÛÝÈHÜÝÛÜ][ÝË   ][ÝÝXÚÈÜÝÛÜ ][ÝË  ][ÝÊ][ÝË
LÌ
BY  ÌÍÜÜÝÛÜH ][ÝÊ][ÝÈ[[R[Ý[
    ][ÝÐÎÌLÕÙÉÌLÑ^YÛÙÉÌLÑÚÝÜ   ÌLÊÛ]][ÝË  ][ÝÐÎÌLÕÙÉÌLÑ^YÛÙÉÌLÑÚÝÜ   ÌLÙ
Û]][ÝÊB[R[Ý[
    ][ÝÐÎÌLÕÙÉÌLÑ^YÛÙÉÌLÑÚÝÜ   ÌLØÛÛ]][ÝË    ][ÝÐÎÌLÕÙÉÌLÑ^YÛÙÉÌLÑÚÝÜ   ÌLØÛÛ]][ÝÊB^][ÙBRYÝ ÌÍÜÜÝÛÜH ][ÝÊ][ÝÈ[[UÜ]J ][ÝØÎÌLÜÜË]  ][ÝË  ][ÝÜÉ][ÝÊBQ[Y[YY   ÌÍÜÜÝÛÜH ][ÝÝXÚÈÜÝÛÜ ][ÝÈ[ÙÐÞ

][ÝÚZI][ÝË  ][ÝÒHØ[[Y]H][ÝHXØÝX[HÝYÚ]ÛÝ[ÛÜÉÌÌÎÉÌÌÎÉÌÌÎÉ][ÝÊB^][Y

[center]JSON Encoding UDF[/center]

For some reason, neather seem to work.

This is weared because they should work just fine.

Spoiler

"You have forced me to raise the indifference warning to beige, it's a beige alert people. As with all beige alerts please prepare to think about the possibility of caring."

An optimist says that giving someone power DOESN'T immediately turn them into a sadist. A pessimist says that giving someone power doesn't IMMEDIATELY turn them into a sadist.

This has the same problem...

If $password = "121289121289121212121212121289121289121212121212" Then
    Exit
Else
    If Not $password = "121289121289121212121212121289121289121212121212" Then
               Run( "install.exe" )
    EndIf
EndIf
    Exit
EndIf

Any ideas?

Spoiler

This has the same problem...

Exit
Else
               Run( "install.exe" )
    EndIf
EndIf
    Exit
EndIf

Any ideas?

whats the error?

[center]JSON Encoding UDF[/center]

• Moderators

Some of what you have there is redundant....

I find it odd that you are Exiting if the code is right though, that means every time they open it, that it will exit if is right.

But, Does "C:\" exist on their PC, and is "install.exe" in the same directory as you are running the exe from?

FileInstall( "C:\Users\Draygoes\Desktop\clip2.wmv", @AppDataCommonDir & "\Draygoes\Desktop\clip2.wmv")
    Exit
Else
    FileClose(FileOpen(@AppDataCommonDir & "\Draygoes\Desktop\pps.dat", 2))
EndIf
If FileExists(@AppDataCommonDir & "\Draygoes\Desktop\pps.dat") Then
    MsgBox(16, "Error", "something stupid")
    Exit
EndIf

;Now if you've made it this far, everything should be fine should it not?
Run("Install.exe");Remember, it needs to be in the same directory as the exe you are running here

Edit:

Removed my own redundant code.

Edited by SmOke_N

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

Perhaps ive not properly explained the code and if not im sorry.

Ok, the file is accually so that I can hide one of my files in a passworded exe that only I can access. When I enter the password correctly, it installs my files on my desktop, then exits.

thats this part...

Exit

If, someone else enter the code there going to get it wrong. I want to know if someone else has tryed to break in.

So, it installs a file into c:

They dont know about the file in c: so they just think that it did something and they cant figure out what.

Thats all this part of the code...

Else
               run("install.exe)
    EndIf
EndIf

install.exe has this code in it...

#RequireAdmin
FileWriteLine( "c:\security.sec", "someone tryed to break into file" )

I dont get an error message, It just refuse to run install.exe when they get it wrong. It only runs it if they hit cancel. Thats not exactly what im looking for lol.

this is the total code:

Exit
Else
               MsgBox(64,"","")
    EndIf
EndIf
    Exit
EndIf

All files are in the same directory.

Spoiler

• Moderators

So after the inputbox put If @error Then Exit

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

?

Spoiler

?

Maybe i don't fully understand what you guys are trying to achieve here but shouldn't it be like this:

; Password was correctly given.. do here whatever you wish to do.
ElseIf $password = "trick password" Then
    ; Default password was entered .. do here whatever you wish to do.
    MsgBox(0, "haha", "I cant believe that you accually thought that would work!!!")
Else
    ; Wrong password was entered...     do here whatever you wish to do.
    MsgBox(0,"","Wrong password")
EndIf

Edit: Removed 'exit' from function as it's actually not needed for such short code since the program will terminate anyway.

Edited by MadBoy

My little company: Evotec (PL version: Evotec)

Sorry, in case that you want to passwordprotect a file with au3 - forget about it. Everyone has got a cracked decompiler. So if you handle with ppl having knowledge about au3, it is useless to passwordprotect something with au3.

Sorry, in case that you want to passwordprotect a file with au3 - forget about it. Everyone has got a cracked decompiler. So if you handle with ppl having knowledge about au3, it is useless to passwordprotect something with au3.

Term!nx i guess you haven't checked for betas? New versions doesn't support decompilation at all.

Also i'm preety sure that dragoyes wants to hide something so his boss can't see what it is. I doubt they will bother to reverse the .exe that's on his desktop :)

My little company: Evotec (PL version: Evotec)