Rosetta Stone v1.2 by jennico (now more features !)

jennico

thank you !

indeed i am working out a multillingual version. let's see if i have the power to translate it to all 13 languages...

everything works fine ? you never know how a program behaves on differerent computers....

j.

Spoiler

I actively support Wikileaks | Freedom for Julian Assange ! | Defend freedom of speech ! | Fight censorship ! | I will not silence.OixB7.jpgDon't forget this IP: 213.251.145.96

thank you !

indeed i am working out a multillingual version. let's see if i have the power to translate it to all 13 languages...

everything works fine ? you never know how a program behaves on differerent computers....

j.

nice script, i can help you with translation in greek if you want

Edited by Gif

yes, indeed !

you could translate this string into greek:

"German|English|French|Greek|Dutch|Italian|Japanese|Korean|Portuguese|Russian|Spanish|Chinese (trad.)|Chinese (simpl.)|Restore|Minimize|Silent Mode|Clipboard in Tool Tip|Dictionary|This choice must be intertranslated|Automatic|Translation|Input|Waiting|Replace|Copy|Exit|State|Error !|Connection error, no Internet ?|Clipboard||Translating|Translation problem, wrong linguistic choice ?|Ready !|Translation in clipboard|intertranslated|Connection failed !"

That's all i need. thanks for your help.

j.

Spoiler

I actively support Wikileaks | Freedom for Julian Assange ! | Defend freedom of speech ! | Fight censorship ! | I will not silence.OixB7.jpgDon't forget this IP: 213.251.145.96

here you go:

"Γερμανικά|Αγγλικά|Γαλλικά|Ελληνικά|Γερμανικά|Ιταλικά|Γιαπωνέζικα|Κορεάτικα|Πορτογαλλικά|Ισπανικά|Κινέζικα (παραδοσ.)|Κινέζικα (απλοποι.)|Επαναφορά|Ελαχιστοποίηση|Αθόρυβο|Clipboard in Tool Tip|Λεξικό|Αυτή η επιλογή πρέπει να είναι μεταφρασμένη εσωτερικά|Αυτόματα|Μετάφραση|Εισαγωγή|Αναμονή|Αντικατάσταση|Αντιγραφή|Έξοδος|Κατάσταση|σφάλμα !|Πρόβλημα σύνδεσης, υπάρχει σύνδεση με το διαδίκτυο;|Clipboard|Μεταφράζετε|Πρόβλημα μετάφρασης, λανθασμένη επιλογή γλώσσας;|Έτοιμο !|Αντιγραφή μετάφρασης|μετάφρασμένο εσωτερικά|Σύνδεση απέτυχε !"

PS: some words can't be properly translated so i left them as they are

:)

Edited by Gif

yes, clipboard and tool tip only result in funny nonsens when you try to translate them with Rosetta Stone :-)

now i need one more word: "language" in Greek. i have to add this in a new menuitem.

Thank you for your kind help.

jennico

by the way i noticed that translations into English, Italian, Spanisch, Portuguese and Netherlands are nearly perfect, whilst French and German translations are buggy sometimes. maybe these two are more complex languages and produce more errors.

Edited by jennico
Spoiler

yes, clipboard and tool tip only result in funny nonsens when you try to translate them with Rosetta Stone :-)

now i need one more word: "language" in Greek. i have to add this in a new menuitem.

Thank you for your kind help.

jennico

by the way i noticed that translations into English, Italian, Spanisch, Portuguese and Netherlands are nearly perfect, whilst French and German translations are buggy sometimes. maybe these two are more complex languages and produce more errors.

language = γλώσσα

the fact is that clipboard and tooltip are mostly complex phrases with wrong meaning in greek

:)

hello gif !

can u give me an idea how to make the scite editor work with unicode ? when i enter the greek string in "" i only can read the ascii system characters like this:

$Words[4]="Ge?µa????|???????|Ga?????|????????|Ge?µa????|?ta????|G?ap??????a|???e?t??a|???t??a?????|?spa????|???????a (pa?ad?s.)|???????a (ap??p??.)|?pa?af???|??a??st?p???s?|?????ß?|Clipboard in Tool Tip|?e????|??t? ? ep????? p??pe? ?a e??a? µetaf?asµ??? es?te????|??t?µata|?et?f?as?|??sa????|??aµ???|??t??at?stas?|??t???af?|???d??|?at?stas?|sf??µa !|???ß??µa s??des??, ?p???e? s??des? µe t? d?ad??t??;|Clipboard|?etaf???ete|???ß??µa µet?f?as??, ?a??asµ??? ep????? ???ssa?;|?t??µ? !|??t???af? µet?f?as??|µet?f?asµ??? es?te????|S??des? ap?t??e !|???ssa"

maybe it is better to read the string (fileread) out of a notepad txtfile which is encoded in Unicode Big Endian than to just copy the greek characters to the au3 script ?

i think you have experience in handling that.

jennico

Spoiler

hello again,

i just posted the multilingual version 1.1. Rosetta Stone now speaks English, too.

i didn't manage the greek unicode thing so if someone knows how to do that.....

and fixed bug: i didn't know that spaces are converted to _ on upload.

j.

Spoiler

hello gif,

can you help me once more ?

could you translate again for me in greek ? but please use letters like these:

ÁõôÞ ç ãñáììÞ åßíáé ãñáììÝíç óôá ÅëëçíéêÜ.

this is working, while your letters don't. i can't tell you more about this problem, but times ago i wrote a program with greek and polish and russian support, and it worked with this kind of letters above.

the line to translate has changed a little bit:

German|English|French|Dutch|Italian|Portuguese|Spanish|Greek|Russian|Japanese|Korean|Chinese (simpl.)|Chinese (trad.)|&Restore|&Minimize|&Silent Mode|Clipboard in &Tool Tip|Dictionary|This choice must be intertranslated:|A&utomatic|Translation|Input|Waiting|&Replace|&Copy|Ex&it|State|Error !|Connection error, no Internet ?|Clipboard|Tr&anslate It|Translation problem, wrong linguistic choice ?|Ready|Translation in clipboard| ( English intertranslated )|Connection failed !|Language|About|D&elete|Translating|Silent Mode|please wait|Translating clipboard|&Help|E&nglish|en%2Ffr| ( French intertranslated )

edit: leave the "&" away !

thank you jennico

Edited by jennico
Spoiler

hello again !

Posted Image

just released version 1.2 and i think my work is finished now ! i made that thing with the greek interface by my own. that was a lot of pasting and copying. i also found out that the general problem is that AutoIt itself cannot manage other codes than ANSI. this does not only mean that you cannot use foreign characters within the uncompiled script, more serious ist the problem that every string that is received by an AutoIt command, looses the complete non-Latin information and returns only question marks. So what was to do ?

the trick goes like this: i refuse to accept the returned result string from the translation service and instead i open an IE window directly with the returned information, because IE can manage foreign characters of any type. the result IE window will then be embedded to the interface's result box and is now clearly and beautifully visible.

but it was hard work !

well, i think everything is done now. if there are no bugs reported or comments or requests for more features this will be the final version. i am very satisfied with it now.

regards and fun jennico

Edited by jennico
Spoiler

thank you !

now problems so far ?

it's just a small script, but it does a great job. i learned a lot about com objects writing this.

j. :-)

Spoiler

And I didn't understand why this one is bad (3.3 Kb, only):

;===================================================
; ATranslation by Valery Ivanov, 15 March 2007
;  Initiated by AzKay:
;   http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=35834
;===================================================

#include <GUIConstants.au3>
Global $Target, $Result,  $AutoRefresh = 0
Global $Language = 'en%2Fru'
Dim $FromTo = 'zh_en:Chinese-simp to English|zt_en:Chinese-trad to English|en_zh:English to Chinese-simp|en_zt:English to Chinese-trad|en_nl:English to Dutch|en_fr:English to French|en_de:English to German|en_el:English to Greek|en_it:English to Italian|en_ja:English to Japanese|en_ko:English to Korean|en_pt:English to Portuguese|en_ru:English to Russian|en_es:English to Spanish|nl_en:Dutch to English|nl_fr:Dutch to French|fr_nl:French to Dutch|fr_en:French to English|fr_de:French to German|fr_el:French to Greek|fr_it:French to Italian|fr_pt:French to Portuguese|fr_es:French to Spanish|de_en:German to English|de_fr:German to French|el_en:Greek to English|el_fr:Greek to French|it_en:Italian to English|it_fr:Italian to French|ja_en:Japanese to English|ko_en:Korean to English|pt_en:Portuguese to English|pt_fr:Portuguese to French|ru_en:Russian to English|es_en:Spanish to English|es_fr:Spanish to French'

Global $oHTTP = ObjCreate("winhttp.winhttprequest.5.1")

$hWnd = GUICreate("ATranslation © Valery Ivanov, 15 March 2007", 400, 450)
$LabelFlag = GUICtrlCreateLabel("From-to: ", 10, 15, 80, 21)
$Flag = GUICtrlCreateCombo('en_ru:English to Russian', 90, 10, 200, 20)
GUICtrlSetData ($Flag, $FromTo, 'en_ru:English to Russian')
$AutoRefresh = GUICtrlCreateCheckbox ("Auto-refresh", 310, 10, 100, 20)

;--------------------------------------------------
$LabelTarget = GUICtrlCreateLabel("Your sample:", 10, 40, 380, 21)
$Target = GUICtrlCreateEdit('The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog', 10, 70, 380, 100)

$LabelResult = GUICtrlCreateLabel("AutoTranslation: ", 10, 180, 100, 21)
$Result = GUICtrlCreateEdit('', 10, 210, 380, 200)
$Translate = GUICtrlCreateButton("TranslateIt", 150, 420, 100, 21)
GUISetState()

; Start the main loop
While 1
$Msg = GUIGetMsg()
Select
Case $Msg = $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
 $oHTTP.abort()
 $oHTTP = 0
Exit
Case $Msg = $Flag
  $Language = StringReplace(StringLeft(GUICtrlRead($Flag),5), '_', '%2F')
  $Refresh = 0
  if GUICtrlRead($AutoRefresh) = $GUI_CHECKED then $Refresh = 1
  if $Refresh then TranslateIt()
Case $Msg = $Translate
  TranslateIt()
EndSelect
WEnd

func TranslateIt()
local $TargetContent, $ResultContent
 $TargetContent = GUICtrlRead($Target)
 $oHTTP.Open("GET", "http://freetranslation.paralink.com/target.asp?actions=translate&source=" & $TargetContent & "&dir=" & $Language)
 $oHTTP.Send()
 $HTMLSource = $oHTTP.Responsetext
 ToolTip("Done", 0, 0)
 Sleep(10)
 ToolTip("")
 $ResultContent = _StringBetween($HTMLSource, ' onfocus="onfocus(1)">', '</textarea>')
 $oHTTP.Abort()
 GUICtrlSetData($Result,$ResultContent)
endfunc

Func _StringBetween($s, $from, $to)
    $x = StringInStr($s, $from) + StringLen($from)
    $y = StringInStr(StringTrimLeft($s, $x), $to)
    Return StringMid($s, $x, $y)
EndFunc

;-)

The point of world view

This is good work but I would suggest that you change

GUICtrlCreateGroup("Bitte wählen Sie Ihre Sprache aus",10,15,180,205)
which in English is Please select your language.

So it would be displayed based on the @OSLang macro

Also instead of writing an INI file of just a single character you might want to actually use it as an INI file

[Language]

DefaultIn=2

DefaultOut=1

Or

DefaultIn=2

DefaultOut=German

That would allow you to set the output language combo default vaule to the last used.

For example right now when I open it I have

From English to French

If most of my translations were English - German then It would be nice if the script opened showing From English to German in the combos. Just set the combo default to the last used language (DefaultOut in the INI)

Just opinions. It's good work regardless.

Edited by GEOSoft

George

Question about decompiling code? Read the decompiling FAQ and don't bother posting the question in the forums.

Be sure to read and follow the forum rules. -AKA the AutoIt Reading and Comprehension Skills test.***

The PCRE (Regular Expression) ToolKit for AutoIT - (Updated Oct 20, 2011 ver:3.0.1.13) - Please update your current version before filing any bug reports. The installer now includes both 32 and 64 bit versions. No change in version number.

Visit my Blog .. currently not active but it will soon be resplendent with news and views. Also please remove any links you may have to my website. it is soon to be closed and replaced with something else.

"Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!"